Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seems the season is starting

Posted by organic_kitten 8 (My Page) on
Sun, May 25, 14 at 13:44

I have become worthless about getting out and taking photos...it was almost noon and the sun had been out today, so not so pretty, but I have several:

Water Drops (Saturday photo)
 photo IMG_3771_zpsbaad2a6a.jpg

Fernstone Triple...sun faded but still pretty:

photo IMG_3808_zps671ade19.jpg

New Paradigm (Saturday photo)

photo IMG_3780_zpsfe0f2a7c.jpg

Bob Watson:
 photo 29cb7a88-f80c-4790-99dd-9632fd179699_zpsc7c6483c.jpg

Lime Octopus...Friday photo, this is a bonus from Bill Maryott. It actually bloomed in the Winter (In a pot moved in and out of greenhouse according to cold weather. It is a lovely green that fades to lemon yellow after a day in the sun)

photo IMG_3684_zps71d019f8.jpg

Artemio is too much like Bob Watson, so it is leaving, but here today:

photo IMG_3811_zps2631383c.jpg

Colorado Moon stone:

photo IMG_3690_zps1eb463f9.jpg

Rowdy Red (Saturday photo) This one really deteriorated over the winter. It's always been a very healthy plant, but it is sown to a single fan...I will try petting it and see what happens:

photo IMG_3798_zpsd446d6cd.jpg

Patricia Snider Memorial: (Saturday photo)

photo IMG_3776_zps4e9ae2e2.jpg

Purple Mask was also blooming, but faded after 5 hours of sun. Many scapes are up, and we will see how it goes.

kay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seems the season is starting

Wonderful blooms! Patricia Snider is always a favorite, gotta get that one. New Paradigm is gorgeous too. Does Artemio just not as good a bloomer as Bob Watson? I can see they are very similar, I like the slight ruffle on the edges. You got a nice bonus, Lime Octopus looks very cool with that green hue.

o

Mint Octopus is a great color. Bud count in the pot is not all that great, but will be better in the garden. How would you describe the base color on Patricia Snider Memorial? I see pictures ranging from white to cream to yellow.

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Sun, May 25, 14 at 17:44

Fernstone has been on my maybe list for awhile. How bad does it fade by late afternoon? It's still colorful in your early PM picture, but if it bleaches out to a paler color I'd like to know......... Of the three similar colored daylilies - Bob Watson, Artemio and Colo. Moonstone, I think the form on Artemio looks nicer in your pictures - plus it has a larger yellow throat. But I don't grow any of them so you are the ultimate judge. They are all pretty though, and after this winter, I'd be hesitant to pitch anything out that even marginally resembled one I really liked.....Getting parinoid I know-lol.........Maryl

o

Well, Kay, You havem ore blooming then I do,it looks like.I really like Fermstone, That one is really pretty.I had New Paradigm blooming today, too, it was faded b y the time I went out today, too.I just haven't felt like gtting up early yo take pictures, either.Didnt sleep last night, was awake almost all night, so didn't want to go take pictures today.I don't have that many blooming yet, but, proably will have by the end of next week.Its been soo hot here last few days,and one of my ac's is not working/I have 2 small window units.

jean

o

I like Patricia Snider Memorial. Mine is 2 years old so should show me lots of blooms this year. Can't wait.

o

Thanks for looking. Nancy, Artemio is as good a bloomer, but the substance of Bob Watson is very gorgeous, and Artemio tends to splotchiness at times. And I don't want two so similar in appearance. I was very pleasantly surprised at the color of Mint Octopus, and it will stay because it is a different color.

Mantis, PSM is anything from almost white to pale yellow in the same year. I really think the warmer temp tends to more of the yellow tint.

Maryl, Colorado Moonstone is more of a light corally orange than a pink like BW and Artemio. It also is a really good bloomerand really good repeat bloomerI like the satiny look of BW better than Artemio, so it stays. Fernstone gets no lighter than my midday photo showed. It is a really good plant.

Jean, I probably have more plants than you, so more would be blooming. i, too, have been bad about getting up early to take photos.

kay

o

The pattern on Water Drops is so pretty in that photo! And I always love Patricia Snider Memorial!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here