Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Spring bulbs continue

newyorkrita
10 years ago

The bulb show has never been better here. Well, I did plant a record number of bulbs last fall.

Here is the backyrd.

Comments (16)

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This vuew is thru the netting I just put up so I can grow my cucumbers. Planning lots of cucumbers again this year.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Daffs by my backyard pond.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The daylilies in front of my serviceberries.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The southside rose garden

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Tulips in that rose garden

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Beautiful! the tulips are fabulous, especially the back yard view. Lov em.
    kay

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Are these mainly Darwin hybrids blooming now? I like the way the clusters of tulips wedge into the garden. The orange/yellow/white combination is especially appealing, but I also like the long drift of pink and purple. Really brightens the landscape.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

IN that first of the pictures, the backyard view. A mix of darwin tulips to the right. They are past peak. The rosey ones to the left are single late catagory and so are the tulips in the backround.

In the second picture that shows my cucumber netting those tulips right by the netting are an Emperor Tulip mix. They are about finished but had a glorious bloom.

Picture four shows that tall mix of late blooming tulips that is a scheepers mix.

And the last picture is a darwin mix that started blooming later than the ones in the backyard due to being in a shadier location.

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Wow, oh WOW, wish I could see it all in person, it is so beautiful Rita!

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I have been adding bulbs and this fall plan to add even more. Have already ordered a record number of bulbs for me. If there is a daylily bed it is getting spring bulbs.

• KarenPA_6b
    10 years ago

I planted 100 tulip and liliy bulbs around the sign of my church last fall. This spring I found only a few flower, maybe about 9 plants. I saw some tunneling in the soil. Did the field mice get to the bulbs? How do you keep the rodents out of your tulip bed Rita? By the way, your garden display of tulips is just gorgeous!

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

You could have voles, no way for me to know. I don't have them around here.

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Them Tulips are gorgeous, Rita.and I really like the mixed colors of them, too.now, will they come back up next spring, too, there?

jean

• timberohio
    10 years ago

So beautiful. What a wonderful reward of color for all your hard work.

Andrea

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Gorgeous tulips, everything looks to be coming along nicely. Your hard work really paid off with a spectacular show.
    Linda

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone. Some of the tulips come back up but many types don't and need to be replanted.

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor