Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First Flower of the season for me

Posted by daylilydayzed 9/10 C. FLA. (My Page) on
Tue, May 13, 14 at 14:13

yesterday I had my first flower of the bloom season. It is Buddy's Black Jack. This is the latest start of blooms for me, normally I have bloom in the last week of March or first week of April

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First Flower of the season for me

well, congrats, to you on the first b loom of the season.Isn't it exciting to see that first bloom of the season.I don't have any yet, but,most any day now,I should be seeing my first bloom also.I have scapes and buds every where and some that's near blooming.Your first bloom is really a pretty one, too.hope to see more soon.

jean

o

Pretty first bloom, congrats!

o

Better late than never :-). It really has been slow for all the southerners this year. More time to enjoy I guess .

Julia

o

Very pretty! I have blooms on Dumortieri right now, which started about 2 weeks later than normal, but am just starting to see some scapes forming on my "real" daylilies. Irises are quite late this year, so I imagine daylilies are going to be late too. That is ok, will make for a longer season :)

o

Nice start of the season! Looking forward to more pics, since it will be a while before we see any this far north.

o

Nice beginning. Mine are a week or so late, but everything has been blooming at once, so that's okay.

kay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here