Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

New Ones For Tuesday

organic_kitten
10 years ago

The Lilies are beginning to bloom:

and Junzi had twins today:

Cape Coral was being threatened with eviction, and decided to shape up:

Love the way the yarrow looks around the bird bath. Rita enabled me about this a couple years ago. It will bloom most of the summer, and I enjoy it:

Back to Daylilies

Purple Honey Creeper was a beauty today:

First Bloom on Drink the Light:

Always love Malaysian Marketplace:

Dilema is a beautiful bloom and color, but impossible to photograph:

And Black Fathom Depths is blooming a bit:

And that's enough and then some;

kay

Comments (15)

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Wonderful, Kay, love the pic of the birdbath with the yarrow. Bet those lilies have a yummy fragrance. My pick of the daylilies for today is Purple Honey Creeper, Avedon

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Kay, all the daylilies are great but my favorite is that shot of the birdbath area with the yarrow blooming. It looks terrific! And I love those trumpet lilies. I bet they smell divine!

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

I have a soft spot for Black Fathom Depths :-).

Yarrow is a wonderful grower and filler for perennial gardens. Nice photo.

Lillies are always a favorite. Does that one have a fragrance?

Julia

• mizellie
    10 years ago

Everything looks great at your place. I am waiting for the Trumpet and Oriental lilies to bloom. My pick is Junzi! I do like that dl and Malaysian Marketplace looks great too! Ellie

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Lots of beauties here, but Purple Honey Creeper is outstanding. I was thinking of taking a chance with that one (haven't had much luck with that hybridizer).

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone for looking and commenting. The lillies are indeed fragrant and very nice without being terribly overpowering.

Avedon and Chris, I had wanted Purple Honey Creeper for a while before I got it, and I really like it. Chris, it would be a purple for you where it is reddish in mine. I suspect. Mine has always had that reddish on the outside but that is typical for daylilies that are purple elsewhere.

Avedon, Rita, and Julia, I have enjoyed that yarrow since Rita started it with her strawberry Seduction. I got the Paprika, and it does well here. It is easy to pull when it goes where you don't want it, but does indeed fill in.

Julia, you know I really like black Fathom Depths. It is a goo dlittle plant..

Ellie, I moved Junzi last year and it is much happier in its new home.
    kay

• shive
    10 years ago

Junzi always looks so well behaved! Does it open that nicely everyday Purple Honey Creeper is gorgeous, and I like the Black Fathom Depths foursome.

Debra

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

They are all gorgeous, Kay.I like the photo of the birdbath.I use to have a lot ofpink yarrow, too, but its so invasive,I pull out every bit I see and throw it away, then in a few days or weeks, some more pops up in same place.Your Malaysian Marketplace is so prtty.love it.

jean

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Since I moved Junzi, each bloom has opened perfectly, Debra. Jean, this yarrow is very easy to pull, and I want it to fill the area it does.

Black Fathom Depths and Malaysian Marketplace are fixtures here. Thanks, Debra, the first bloom on Purple Honey Creeper was a splotchy mess, but it has cleared up fine. this was a really nice one today.

kay

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

My favorite is the Regale (?) trumpet lily. What are your morning temps right now? Chris, Lambertsons can be iffy even here. But Kay really has some beautiful ones.

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

Ooooh....that trumpet lily is divine. I am longing for my lilies to bloom in a couple months. Yours is lovely and I feel like I can just about smell it from here.
    My very first plant 'addiction' were lilies. Long before I fell for roses, daylilies, and every conceivable other flower or plant, they were my first loves. So I will always have them in my garden.
    Purple Honey Creeper is my favorite of the daylilies and the yarrow around the birdbath looks great. I just planted yarrow in my long borders, both the yellow and the red variety so I'm glad to know it spreads. I don't mind having a few 'extras'.

Celeste

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Mantis. The morning temps (this week) are in the high fifties low sixties rapidly rising to mid eighties.

Celeste, my "addictions were clematis, daylilies, lilies and roses in that order.
    kay

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Great photos Kay I agree with Celeste, Purple Honey Creeper is my favorite with Junzi coming in a close second.
    Keep the photos coming.
    Linda

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

Paprika Yarrow with Cape Coral daylily makes a great complimentary color combo in your picture. And I also like your Lily. We just don't do lilies well in our soil/climate so am always in awe of the beauties others can grow......Maryl

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Purple Honey Creeper is my very favorite one, but I really like the light/dark of Junzi. I have a few yarrows & love their soft ferny look & that they rebloom so much.