Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SUNDAY photo's

Posted by jean_ar z8 Ar (My Page) on
Sun, May 20, 12 at 14:23

Are we ready for some Sunday pictures today?, hope photobucket works right today. Would be a sunday blessing.

beautiful edgings

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is the one I am trying to ID.RITA> Could it be WESTBOURNE WILDFIRES ?. ITS not a red,its a dark Orange, like a burnt orange with that eye the same, but just darker. its a bout a 4 1/2 inch or 5 inch bloom.

Photobucket

Photobucket

. more later

jean

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SUNDAY photo's

Some very pretty ones. I really like Wild One, and Gillian is looking good too.
kay

o

I can never see enough of 'Wild One' so keep on posting pictures all you want. Mine was just planted a couple weeks ago so I have to be patient. Your photos of it will keep me satisfied until it blooms.
Your 'Wonder of it All' always looks so perfect. Obviously it is a lily that likes it HOT. Mine doesn't open well if it's cool weather. I hope it starts adjusting to New Hampshire weather better now that it got it's toes frozen this past winter...LOL.

Celeste

o

Hillbilly Heart opened for me today, I just love that one. Gillian always looks good too,& WOIA, well what can I say :)
The shape of W. Wildfires is right, but the color is off, at least compared to mine. This is last year's photo, mine hasn't bloomed yet
Westbourne Wildfires

o

well,NanCY, Your wildfire looks like my velvet eyes.I think different parts of the counry, the daylilies are different color, depending on soil and climate.I wont give up trying to id this dayliily..
CELESTE, I dont have that many buds left on WILD ONE,AND ITS NOT LISTED AS A REBLOOMER, so I may not be showing many more blooms.

Jean

o

Jean, it deffinately could be W. Wildfires. As Nancy said, a little pale but different areas of the country, maybe different coloring. Size is right for it. All your blooms look stunning today!

o

Well, Beautiful Edgings leads off as No. 1, but they all ook good to me. Love the color and shape of Bigg and Redd All Over, Oktoberfest, Gillian, and WOIA are show stealers. REally like the clump of Hillbilly Heart. Now I am going to your next post to see what goodies are there. Avedon

o

Gillian and Wild One are my favorites. WO is simple in coloring, but I think it's just precious.

o
RE: SUNDAY photo's #1

RITA: I think its w.wildfires, too.Thats what I am going to call it anyway, until and if i find out its not wildfired..Have you still got W. WILDFIRES in your gardens?. if so, we can compare the two and see if they look alike, course, that might not be possible either. soil and different climates changes colors some at times.
AVEDON: thank you for the nice comments
Brittie, Thanks for looking and commenting.

jean

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here