Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

A few first blooms, and a couple pretty first ever blooms.

organic_kitten
9 years ago

My Heart Belongs to Daddy. the edges broaden as it blooms, usually.

Citrix. I always love this one:

Mabou:

Wild Cherry Wine:

Spoken in Parables:

Those were all first blooms. the next two are first ever blooms:

Cat Ballou. not bad for a first bloom, but the sepals need to curve more:

Indigo Edge: The edge is better than I expected..purple not red:

And that is all of the new ones. Several others I've already posted continue to bloom, of course.

kay

Comments (11)

• Nancy
    9 years ago

Citrix is one I've got to add one of these days, everyone seems to love it. Beautiful color on Mabou, & I love, love your 2 new ones!

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, Nancy. Indigo Edge is a very pretty one. the dark purple is unusual here, and would probably have more of a blue cast in a cooler clime. Love Cat Ballou and am hoping to see it begin to curve more (kind of like another one or two I have). By the way, I had waited at least three years to get Cat Baoolu, and the breeder sent me a note warning me that it takes it two days to open, and it really does. It opens about halfway day one, then finishes opening day 2. Odd.
    kay

• Julia WV (6b)
    9 years ago

Wow, nice grouping. CITRIX knocks my socks off. I'm just not sure it would do well here. MABOU is another eye popper.

Julia

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Mabou here was more purplish in its first year. I couldn't decide whether I liked it or not. These all look good. I hope Citrix has survived; I've been too busy to check much on daylilies. I do think that farther north from here it might be problematic. How large a flower is Indigo Edge? Of course, anything Frank Smith here is automatically viewed with skepticism. Definitely not a hybridizer for the north!

• Brad KY 6b
    9 years ago

Spoken in Parables & Mabou are very beautiful.
    Brad

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

wow, Kay.I do love thaaat last one. Indigo Edge:.That is a really pretty one. love that edge on it. maybe Cat Ballou. will be b etter in the next bloom.I like the coloring on it.

jean

• shive
    9 years ago

The two pinks are my favorites of these, and indigo edge catches my eye too!

Debra

• ruthz
    9 years ago

I love all of them.

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

Indigo Edge is looking very interesting, and I love the two pinks. I think you've posted Mabou before, but I'll have to look that one up.

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

forgot to mention I just love that Mabou: and Wild Cherry Wine: is a beauty, also. love them.

jean

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Julia, Mabou is from a more Northern hybridizer. After several bboming years, last year was just so-so for Citrix, but it has mnay more blooms this year than last. Mantix, Indigo Edge is about the same size bloom as Citrix. Brad, I lost my first Spoken in Parables to voles, but liked it so well I replaced it. Jean, some of the fancies take more than one season to really settle in, and I will wait6 for this for CB. Debra, my eye is too easy to catch:). Thanks, Ruth, I like too many of them myself. Chris, I really figured Indigo Edge would have trouble opening, but it opened well, early. I bought Mabou because I love the photo New York Rita posted of hers. Thanks, Jean.

Sorry I've been off a a couple days. My grandkids gifted me with a virus that put me down:)
    kay