Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
avedon_gw

Three FFOs Today

avedon_gw
10 years ago

Three FFOs opened today. This is the first time I saw "Green Mystique" in person. Last year, I was in M0 and it had bloomed out by the time I got back. Avedon

Green Mystique

Moon Over Monterey

Bodacious Returns--super big flower on a short scape

Comments (12)

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

All three of them are very pretty, Avedon. I especially really like Bodacious Returns. Beautiful color and Flower form. Glad you got to see Green Mystique this year.
    kay

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

gee, and they are really pretty ones, too. I think I like
    Green Mystique , the best out of them.Its a beauty.

jean

• shive
    10 years ago

All three are looking good! Green Mystique is always a favorite. The blooms are always so pretty and well behaved. I like the faint sculpting and all those buds on Moon Over Monteray too! As for Bodacious Returns, I like the shape of the flower. But I'm bothered by extra large flowers on short scapes and small flowers on tall scapes.

Debra

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

MOON OVER MONTERARY is stunning. Nice photo of it.

Julia

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Your camera really captured all the texture of the blossoms; all three are crisply flawless. Didn't realize how good Green Mystique can be (since some have dubbed it "Green Mistake"). And your camera is?

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

Green Mystique was one of my first "expensive" daylilies(well by my criteria), and I've never been disappointed in it. Your picture shows why. Mine is just starting to send up scapes and seeing your picture gets me all excited to see it again........The other ones are pretty too, but I'm partial to GM........Maryl

• mizellie
    10 years ago

Green Mystique is very pretty but my favorite on this post is Moon Over Monterey! Ellie

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Three very pretty blooms Green Mystique is my favorite of this group I think, it is hard to pick I wouldn't mind having all three in the garden.
    Linda

• avedon_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, everybody, for looking and commenting. I had never heard of Green Mystique being called "Green Mistake" which just points out how different flowers can be in different areas. Moon Over Monterey seems to put out perfect flowers nearly all the time. As for Bodacious Returns, that is the "Stella D'Or On Steroids" plant. Here's a thought about large flowers, short scapes. I know someone who likes these as fillers for the front of her flower borders. Avedon

• avedon_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mantis, you asked about the camera. It is a Kodak Z915, with a 10X zoom, not one of the super fancy ones, just a point and shoot for me, I have had it about 3 1/2 years.. I do think it takes pretty nice photos, but I'm strictly an amateur when to comes to cameras and photography. Avedon

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Ed at one time noted that Green Mystique lacks vigor in the north and is not green. I don't know how green one would expect it to be; perhaps others can comment on satisfaction and/or disappointment on that score.

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Beautiful! A cream and yellow color day for you.