Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Variegated daylilly?!?!!

Posted by Grantgarden2 5 (grantgarden2@gmail.com) on
Sun, May 25, 14 at 14:54

Hello all! This is my first time on the daylily forum. I have found two pots of daylily at a local nursery that stood out. I had grabed both of them In utter glee! But a question popped in my head saying it could be a nutrient deficiency. But there was a deal that day buy one get one free! I want to see what you all think! Is it a variegated or is it a nutrient deficiency?
Thanks!!
Grantgarden2

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Variegated daylilly?!?!!

I would go with nutrient deficiency or genetic problem. But post the information on the plant card and maybe we can get additional information.
Ed

o

I would agree with Ed. Doesn't look right.
kay

o

Is it truly a daylily? Something about the foliage doesn't look quite right.

o

FarwayFarmer, It is a daylily it just looks odd because its upsidedown, haha! Sorry! I am going to post a couple more pictures. The plant tag that came with one of them was 'Happy returns', but it was laying on the soil, so it may have just been thrown in there, but the other plant didn't have a plant tag in it.
 photo image_zps88270ca7.jpeg
 photo image2_zps18e83bff.jpeg
Thanks!
Grantgarden22

o

Looks to me like a plant that has been growing in the dark for a while. Probably will be fine, but I don't think it's anything unusual.

Nate

o

Nate,
the daylily has been in full sun for the past month and half, so it can't be that, but I know what you are referring to.
Grant

o

Looks like Liriope muscari 'Pee Dee Gold Ingot' !

Here is a link that might be useful: Photo of Pee Dee Gold Ingot

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here