Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Frogs in the Garden, Rain on the plants.

newyorkrita
10 years ago

It is a rainey day today. I did manage to get a picture of my garden frog.

Comments (18)

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It is sitting on the side of my front yard pond.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Anothyer front yard area.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Iris Row coming into bloom.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Snow peas growing in pots doing fabulously! I am fropwing lots of peas in pots this year.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Picture from yesterday. I am growing lots of things in pots. I have 5 eggplant in pots, 3 common green zucchini and two yellow zucchini. Also some cauliflower seedlings on the driveway there.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The backyard yesterday. So green.

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Everything looks wonderful so lush and green and your garden frog must be really happy to have such first class living arrangements.
    Linda

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

I love snow peas, and yours seem to be growing very well. Your iris are thick; I look forward to some posts of individual cultivars. The bicolor in the foreground is?

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mantis, that iris is Visiting Royality. And my snow peas are a very tall variety. We will see how tall they get.

Linda, I love when the frogs move in.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Oh my, Rita, everything is so lush and lovely. The iris are gorgeous! What is the dark reddish purple on in the back? What a big frog! So neat to have a big one like that instead of just our little toads.

The peas are beautiful! Annie on the cottage garden forum was worried about you and CTC. I told her you were okay (storm related) and that you were busily planting, and would probably be there as your garden got underway, so post if you get a chance.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kay, I haven't even looked at the Cottage Garden Forum here this year. Just been busy.

Over the winter I got into doing a lot of excercise in order to loose weight. Have lost 25 pounds. But not done yet. So I garden during the day but still do as much exercise as I am up too in the evening. Never enough time for everything ha-ha.

Rio Rojo. An iris that never fails to get a lot of compliments.

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Your garden is looking good Rita. I love the pics of the iris in different colors blooming and that frog photo is so cute.

Julia

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Everything is looking so good, Rita!! Love the frog, what a handsome fellow--or lady, as the case may be. Your gardens are causing me to turn extremely green with envy. Beautiful irises, and your container veggies are just great. Looks like a bumper crop of everything coming along. Avedon

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Everything looks so lush and green there. The pots of snow peas are amazing. You inspired me to plant some things in pots this year, in addition to the 20+ tomato plants I have going. Thanks, Rita!

• Nancy
    10 years ago

What can I say that hasn't been said? Your gardens are looking just stupendous, Rita. Next year I am DEFINITELY going to plant some snow peas. Meant to this year but stuff just got away from me. My iris are starting to wind down a bit, they've really been going strong, & for longer I think than usual because of the cooler spring. Warm weather this week though, so they may be about over. Yours are looking good, & all that lush greenery really makes them stand out nicely.

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

Your froggie fellow looks like he's related to my froggies!
    Mine have the same green head with the darker body. I just love having the water gardens so I can watch the frogs every year. Mine get very 'tame' and don't jump when I get near since theyre used to me working around the pond garden. They lay eggs in the watergarden every spring so I get to watch the tadpoles too.

Your iris row is looking sensational. I just got into iris a couple years ago and some of mine are starting up. Your snow peas are looking very vigorous. I like how you utilize every bit of space in your yard to garden! I do that too....if I can't find a spot for another garden I just grow things in pots too. I'll be sure to post photos again this summer of Dad's veggie garden because I know you'll appreciate seeing it.

Celeste

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Celeste, pots have another advantage you can move them around to catch the sun. And yes, please do post pics of your dad's marvelous veggie garden. I find him and his garden very inspireing.

Nancy, thank you. I do keep working on the garden to make it prettier each year. You might be too late for peas but you could still plant yard long beans if you wanted!

Chris, pots are useful. I never have enough room without them.

Thank you Avedon and Julia. I do so enjoy my garden.

• shive
    10 years ago

I love the frog and all your pretty irises! The veggies look like they're off to a good start. That will make for some good eating this summer! As for frogs, I've always hoped to see a tree frog sitting in my daylily blooms. Well, I don't have any blooms yet, but I spied a tiny green guy sitting on the fans of BILL NORRIS last night. Maybe this year I'll get my picture of a frog sleeping in a daylily.

Debra