Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Found a new treasure in the daylilies this morning

Posted by SheilaG1911 none (My Page) on
Sat, May 26, 12 at 14:57

After getting up late and taking care of horses and family, I found a brand new treasure! First bloom on a seedling. Most all of my seedlings are in pots and the strange thing is this pot is marked Peggy Jeffcoat X Castle Double Debut with 5 fans in the pot. Two fans had blooms this morning and each are very different. Check them out!!

Peggy Jeffcoat X Castle Double Debut
R_PGJXCDD5

Peggy Jeffcoat X Castle Double Debut another view
R_PGJXCDD6

Peggy Jeffcoat X Castle Double Debut from the side, layers and layers of petals!!! Sooo Coool!

R_PGJXCDD7

The other bloom in the same pot, same cross....
R_PGJXCDD9

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Found a new treasure in the daylilies this morning

Yep, that's how it goes. Like them both, especially your double-decker.
kay

o

I love your double seedling! The color and the layered look are very appealing.

Debra

o

Amazing how the same parents can produce such different seedlings. I like both of them. Avedon

o

This is the first year that I am getting to see blooms from seeds I purchased. It is so fun to see what is open every morning! But, I am sure liking the registered lilies that are being shared...

I have got to get off the computer and do something! ; )

o

Well now, those are both lovely, especially the double. What a nice surprise you got today!

o

I like them both, too, nice surprise.

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Sat, May 26, 12 at 20:40

Well isn't that just something. I don't hybridize so just about anything that comes out symetrical with a nice color looks good to me. Yours certainly qualify as gems in my book. Congratulations......Maryl

o

Great looking seedlings isn't it fun to be surprised by a blooming seedling.
Linda

o

Is that what they call a hose in hose double? I don't have any but they are really cool!
Debbie

o

Very nice seedlings. Isn't it exciting to be the first person in the world to see a new daylily?!
Val

o

Debbie, I don't even know what a hose to hose double is. I love Michaels Sword and this one sort of reminds me of it. Just a little bit. This was the first bloom on it. Can't wait to see the next couple.

Val, it is very exciting to be the first person in the world to see a new daylily, but the next best thing is sharing it with others who will appreciate its uniqueness.

o

Wow that one is wonderful! Love the color and everything.

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Sun, May 27, 12 at 13:13

When I bought my Peggy Jeffcoat, she was described as a 'hose in hose' double. The first seedling is my favorite. Marg

o

Marge,

Since getting the feedback on the seedling, I looked up hose to hose double and found some real beauties!! I had never heard of them before. Geeze.

I really enjoy the chat on this forum, so much knowledge here and so many gorgeous flowers!

I am curious, can someone explain to me the difference in a "hose to hose double" and a "bearded" lily, like Michaels Sword?

Sheila

o

I like the double! wow

o

If you get that kind of doubling on the bloom consistently, that's a pretty exciting plant.

Nate

o

Hi Nate, I really love this double. I can't wait to see what it does on its second year of blooming. So far the blooms have been awesome! I had never seen a hose to hose double and now I'm trying to find a few more to add to my daylilies!! These are very exciting flowers!

Sheila

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here