Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mystery Daylily

Posted by missylin 9b (My Page) on
Thu, May 31, 12 at 15:18

I sent photos of this one to Gene Wynn today, because the name marker has disappeared. I don't think this one bloomed last year. It's in my Magnolia bed, and things have a hard time there. It's the flower bed that's outside my kitchen window, so the one I see the most. So I keep trying. This flowerbed used to be full of different types of flowers before the magnolia got so big. I've sent photos of this one last week, but it's really producing much nicer flowers now.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mystery Daylily

Well, it is a pretty one but I have no suggestion of what it might be.

o

Beautiful blooms. Reminds me of Spiritual corridor.
kay

o

It's very pretty! Could it be Donna's Prayer?

Debra

o

Thanks so much Kay and Debra. Neither of those ring a bell. This is a evergreen daylily. Are either of those evergreen? Hopefully I'll hear from Gene and he'll know. I have my list of the ones I've purchased and for some reason did not write that one down and the stick biodegraded or blew away. I wish daylilies would bloom all year, or at least through the summer.

o

I thought that it looks like 'Spiritual Corridor' too, but SC acts dormant here. Also, the above daylily looks maybe a little rounder, and the midribs are lighter (more contrast-y) that in images I found online of SC.

o

If anyone has a guess of what this might be I'd greatly appreciate it. It is an evergreen. I live in 9B so it probably does not grow too far north, but I'm not sure.

o

It's also similar to Ruffles Elegante-but there are many that look like that. Ruffles is a semievergreen, tet
Ruffles Elegant

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here