Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

I'm find new bloom scapes every day

organic_kitten
10 years ago

Can't be long now. Colorado Moonfire actually bloomed yesterday, but wasn't worth taking a pic after the rain washout.

The roses are doing well for baby bushes:

Reine des Violettes:

Lilac Dawn:

{{gwi:266213}}

and the Knock Outs:

And the little garden:

Fox gloves and Red hot pokers and my big Peony are adding to the joy of spring. (won't tire you with anymore pics) and the iris continue too.

kay

Comments (10)

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

You don't tire me with them gorgeous pictures, The roses are looking very pretty.I lost my Reine des Violettes several years ago.I still have MAGGIE which I love that one, too.And it smells soo good too.I have 30 daylilies now with scapes and tiny little buds, too.

jean

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It can't be long now, Jean.
    kay

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Hey, go ahead and indulge me with more pics. I love looking at flower pics. Gives me ideas to use in my garden. LOL.
    I envy all of you who can grow so many roses. I'm down to 2 and I really don't know how they survived my brown thumb.

Julia

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Isn't it fun to find the new scapes on the daylilies? I, too, an finding new ones everyday and until they start to bloom, here are a couple of pics from our garden. Avedon

The crabapple tree managed to bloom in April between frosts and freezes.

Our garden seat with the dianthus "Fire Witch" blooming around it.

Arkansas Phlox blooming around old tree stump

The only Dutch irises we have.

Beautiful Gypsy Belle iris

Kronprinzessen Viktoria rosebush just getting started blooming

Here's the fully opened flower

Last one--the calibrachoa blooming underneath rose bushes.

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

wow, your place is so pretty and the crabapple tree is so pretty. I love your white rose bush.very pretty.also that Arkansas [phlox is very pretty.

jean

• shive
    10 years ago

Lots of pretty pictures on this thread.Lovely roses and companions! I just found my first daylily scape emerging today on ETHEL BUCCOLA. Not even my Stellas have scapes yet, which is very unusual.

Debra

• timberohio
    10 years ago

Love your roses Kay. They are beautiful. Still no scapes here. I've been checking daily.

Andrea

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Kay your roses are beautiful, my favorite colors. I can't wait to start seeing your DL's.
    Linda

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Your roses are SO beautiful, Kay, I'm really envious. PLEASE try & tire me out from looking at your pictures :)
    No daylily scapes here. Well, Dumortieri is blooming, but even it is late this year. Usually it starts blooming around April 20, this year it was May 4. Last year it was blooming April 10, so it really feels late. Judging by Dumortieri, I probably won't see more daylily blooms til June.

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

Everything looks so beautiful Kay. I can almost smell Reine des Violettes. My roses are just starting to leaf out. So I have a little wait...LOL. Your place looks wonderful and I can tell you've been working hard.

Avedon, your photos are lovely too! That last photo of the spreading purple flowers under the roses is gorgeous.

Celeste