Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blog update - images from Reg. 14 meeting

Posted by floota 6/7 VA (My Page) on
Mon, May 28, 12 at 15:22

Greetings everyone and Happy Memorial Day,

I just added a new blog post with pictures taken at this past weekend's Region 14 Meeting. This post featured some really cute Liz Salter's small and miniature daylilies that I admired at this past weekend's Region 14 meeting.

Hope you get a chance to visit!

Link is below.

Hope to put up more images in a few days, as this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Here is a link that might be useful: Julie's blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blog update - images from Reg. 14 meeting

Floota, those are beautiful photographs as usual. Drool on the keyboard again. I really need some of those since the salters so well here.
kay

o

Today's update is called "Ooh those yellows" if you like yellow blooms. More pictures from the Region 14 meeting are included. Link is below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Julie's blog

o

Always have to have yellows in the garden. I love the last pic of the rock with the saying on it. LOL.

Julia

o

Great blog update! I don't do the "pick your favorite" thing, mainly because my reactions to blooms IRL so often differ from those to images. But in this case, I'm with you, floota -- I'd buy both those yellows in a New York minute for sure. I am very partial to yellow daylilies anyway, but those two really do seem special.

I also thoroughly enjoyed the May 28 comments on Liz Salter's patterned daylilies. I don't believe I have a single Salter here any more, and I've never grown any of Liz's. I have two smallish microclimate beds on our stone patio and next to the stone house wall, one of which has, for the second year in a row, overwintered a forgotten calla lily bulb. So I'm thinking: there's a good spot to try one of Liz's. But frankly, one wonders how to chosse a few: she has so many beautiful patterns by now.

Only one complaint, floota, but it's a biggie. ;) How could you do this to us??? How COULD you mention "reverse bitone brownish-beige seedlings" -- and with "multiple rippled patterns" no less (and with white-edged sepals? My gawd!)...and then NOT show us images???? That's like describing the most sublime and exotic and extraordinary chocolates to a chocoholic and NOT offering even one tiny bite of one piece -- not that I would know anything about how a chocoholic would react in such a situation of course. :)

But really, any mention of a brown or beige daylily gets me all excited. Add in a pattern and I'm ready to buy it in that New York minute -- I've always wished we had daylily blooms in the range of odd colors and patterns one seems in irises. I realize I am probably an outlier in that way.

o

Thank you Julie. I enjoyed every single picture. But I agree with lynxe, we NEED some pictures of the amazing seedlings.
Christine

o

I tend to buy tooo many yellow daylilies but I could see Emma's Curls in my garden.

Edward

o

Thanks for looking, everyone. Sorry, but Liz showed those seedling pictures ( they were this year's seedlings) on her PowerPoint presentation. These were taken in her garden earlier this season. I didn't get to see the seedlings in person or would have certainly taken pictures. I checked their website but the pictures are not up. You'll just have to take my word for it on the seedlings until they make those pictures available. It will likely be a while since these were new blooms this year and they haven't even been evaluated yet.

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Thu, May 31, 12 at 13:58

Can one really have too many yellows? Apparently not after seeing those pictures. Nice blog. Fun to read...Maryl

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here