Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
floota

Blog update - images from Reg. 14 meeting

floota
11 years ago

Greetings everyone and Happy Memorial Day,

I just added a new blog post with pictures taken at this past weekend's Region 14 Meeting. This post featured some really cute Liz Salter's small and miniature daylilies that I admired at this past weekend's Region 14 meeting.

Hope you get a chance to visit!

Link is below.

Hope to put up more images in a few days, as this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Here is a link that might be useful: Julie's blog

Comments (8)

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Floota, those are beautiful photographs as usual. Drool on the keyboard again. I really need some of those since the salters so well here.
    kay

• floota
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Today's update is called "Ooh those yellows" if you like yellow blooms. More pictures from the Region 14 meeting are included. Link is below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Julie's blog

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Always have to have yellows in the garden. I love the last pic of the rock with the saying on it. LOL.

Julia

• lynxe
    11 years ago

Great blog update! I don't do the "pick your favorite" thing, mainly because my reactions to blooms IRL so often differ from those to images. But in this case, I'm with you, floota -- I'd buy both those yellows in a New York minute for sure. I am very partial to yellow daylilies anyway, but those two really do seem special.

I also thoroughly enjoyed the May 28 comments on Liz Salter's patterned daylilies. I don't believe I have a single Salter here any more, and I've never grown any of Liz's. I have two smallish microclimate beds on our stone patio and next to the stone house wall, one of which has, for the second year in a row, overwintered a forgotten calla lily bulb. So I'm thinking: there's a good spot to try one of Liz's. But frankly, one wonders how to chosse a few: she has so many beautiful patterns by now.

Only one complaint, floota, but it's a biggie. ;) How could you do this to us??? How COULD you mention "reverse bitone brownish-beige seedlings" -- and with "multiple rippled patterns" no less (and with white-edged sepals? My gawd!)...and then NOT show us images???? That's like describing the most sublime and exotic and extraordinary chocolates to a chocoholic and NOT offering even one tiny bite of one piece -- not that I would know anything about how a chocoholic would react in such a situation of course. :)

But really, any mention of a brown or beige daylily gets me all excited. Add in a pattern and I'm ready to buy it in that New York minute -- I've always wished we had daylily blooms in the range of odd colors and patterns one seems in irises. I realize I am probably an outlier in that way.

• anniegolden
    11 years ago

Thank you Julie. I enjoyed every single picture. But I agree with lynxe, we NEED some pictures of the amazing seedlings.
    Christine

• Edward_Kimball
    11 years ago

I tend to buy tooo many yellow daylilies but I could see Emma's Curls in my garden.

Edward

• floota
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for looking, everyone. Sorry, but Liz showed those seedling pictures ( they were this year's seedlings) on her PowerPoint presentation. These were taken in her garden earlier this season. I didn't get to see the seedlings in person or would have certainly taken pictures. I checked their website but the pictures are not up. You'll just have to take my word for it on the seedlings until they make those pictures available. It will likely be a while since these were new blooms this year and they haven't even been evaluated yet.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    11 years ago

Can one really have too many yellows? Apparently not after seeing those pictures. Nice blog. Fun to read...Maryl

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH