Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
avedon_gw

Friday Pictures and Trip To MO

avedon_gw
11 years ago

Sunday morning I will be leaving to go to M0 to help take care of my Mother. I will be gone until the first of July, so today or maybe tomorrow will be my last posts until I get back. I'm trying really hard to catch up on everyone else's posts, but I still have many things to do here to get ready to leave. I am managing a little break here to post these pictures. Avedon

Miss Amelia, a small flowered single which is a super rebloomer. I like the flowers growing up above the foliage.

This is Miss Amelia blooming en masse, as it were. There is a long story attached to this, but the short form is that these were planted right outside the back door for a landscape feature. Turns out too much concrete and a south side planting were too much for it, had to be moved before it died. It is doing beautifully now, as you can see.

This is the only new thing I have to show, and it's not even a day lily, so a tiger lily will have to do. I had quite a few of these at one time, but they have just been melting away, don't know what the problem is. Any ideas on this one?

Miss Tinkerbell Twins--it is planted right in front of Strawberry Candy and looks like a smaller, lighter version of that one.

Strawberry Candy

Mystical Rainbow--second bloom on this one, I love it.

Coal Miner's Magic--the best one to date.

Catcher In The Eye--I think this one is starting to grow on me.

Sunday Gloves--also the best bloom to date, and the last one for this post.

Comments (11)

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

I can see why Catcher in the Eye is growing on you, as it is very striking. Suspect, as a Kinnebrew, however, it is not for the north. Miss Amelia is indeed a pleasing shade of soft yellow, which to me works best in the landscape. How tall is it?

• anniegolden
    11 years ago

They are all beautiful, and I love the big cluimps of Miss Amelia. I hope you have safe travels and that your mother is well.
    Christine

• celeste/NH
    11 years ago

I will miss your posts but I hope you can still access the forum so we will still hear from you. It won't be the same here without you so please pop in if you get the time.
    Who will take care of your garden while you're away? I take care of my mom as well, so I send my best wishes to you & your mother and hope she is doing well.
    My favorite of these today is 'Coal Miners Magic'.
    Take care!

Celeste

• shive
    11 years ago

We will miss your posts. Have a safe trip and be sure to check back in with us. I'd say Miss Amelia makes quite a landscape feature en masse. My favorite photo is of Catcher In the Eye.

Debra

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    11 years ago

I still love Sunday Gloves and Coal Miner's Magic. Never get tired of seeing them! Hope you have a good trip. WAH! What will we do without your pictures??? :D

• SheilaG1911
    11 years ago

I love Catcher In The Eye and Mystical Rainbow!! Awesome blooms!

Have a safe trip and hope your Mom is doing well.

Sheila

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Safe travels and best wishes for your Mom.

Julia

• avedon_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I am going to miss the Forum, too, so much, for I will not have access to a computer. My mother is 94 and we will be pretty much housebound. Whenever I am there, I seem to spend a lot of time watching the DIY network--LOL.

Mantis, Miss Amelia is listed with 30" scapes, and they are that tall here. I love this shade of yellow, and with a mass planting, there is also fragrance. I have discovered that this daylily is not listed on the AHS database, and I can only believe it is because it's from England, can you believe it,---doing so well in our heat. We have had blooms on this one the end of October.

Celeste, my husband will be doing all the work and that includes housework too, He is awesome!

To all of you, thanks so much for your kind wishes for my Mom. I will tell her, know she will be pleased. I do hope to do one more post tomorrow before I go. Now I have to get back to all the other posts, and read them Avedon

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

We will miss you but family comes first. All best wishes for your mom. Enjoy your stay!

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Sad to not have your posting, but you have only one Mom and must take care of her. Be safe and we will look for you when you get home again.
    kay

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Have a safe trip and say Hello to Mom for me, you will be missed.
    Linda