11 years ago

FFO on Woman at the Well looking pretty good:

Azure butterfly twins:

Ruby Lipstick is back:

Etosha is a favorite Munson:

Had a flock of Bird Talk:

Isle of Patmos is a lovely bloom:

Face Paint has done very well this year:

And Artic Lace seems to bloom really well too.

kay

Comments (18)

• anniegolden
    11 years ago

Woman at the Well is my pick. What a pretty edge. Arctic Lace is also very lovely.
    Christine

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

KAY: Your WOMAN AT THE WELL, is gorgeous, too.I Love the edge around it, sooo pretty.my favorite today of yours, is ISLE OF PATMOS
    iTS GORGEOUS.. and I love ARTIC LACE, too.

Jean

• shive
    11 years ago

I was going to pick Etosha as my favorite because of its vibrant color, but then I saw Isle of Patmos - just love that one. Your Arctic Lace trio is so very pretty, too.

Debra

• shive
    11 years ago

By the way, I think the one you labeled Azure Butterfly is really Asian Fairy Bluebird. Azure Butterfly has a patterned eye. But either way, those blooms are wonderful!

Debra

• marricgardens
    11 years ago

My favorite is Isle of Patmos. Woman at the Well is also a favorite. Marg

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Love Face Paint and Ruby Lipstock. But they are all lovely.

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    11 years ago

WAH! I was sure I commented on this post earlier, professing my love for each and every one of your pretties. I guess I didn't hit the button just right or something. Anywho... Love! That is all. :D

• Nancy Barginear
    11 years ago

Oh my goodness, they are all so gorgeous. WOMAN AT THE WELL is very, very pretty. AZURE BUTTERFLY is stunning. ETOSHA is another one of those wonderful Munsons - dearly love them. One can't go wrong with them. Your BIRD TALK looks a lot different from mine, not sure why. ISLE OF PATMOS is so utterly beautiful, I'll have to give it my vote as a favorite, today. ARCTIC LACE is always consistently lovely.

Great pics, Kay! Thanks!

Nancy

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

Always a great show, and since they are all fantastic, I don't have to agonize over the one I like best--LOL. Of course, who could resist that trio of Arctic Lace? Avedon

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for looking, everyone...well what fun. Nancy, I got Bird Talk from Art Gallery last year when I bought the Purple Breasted Honey Creeper (and also Pansy Eye and I wanna Piranna). The bloom had disappointedme, but I hadn't even looked it up. Tonight, I looked them up and you and Debra are both right...not Azure butterfly, but Asian Fairy Bluebird. (this one was not from Art Gallery, but was from the auction). But what I called (and what I had ordered ordered) Bird Talk is actually Green Jay! Not as pretty by far to me. I think I will drop them a note and a photo of this one. (admittedly, it is growing like all of the Lambertson's do here).

Debra, I am glad you like Isle of Patmos...it consistently has large lovely blooms.

Thanks Christine and Jean. Waoman at the Well is supposed to take several years to reach her potential, and this is the best she has bloomed.

Thanks Marg...I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Thanks Rita, Face Paint has come into its on...I think Lies and Lipstick may need one more year to be its best.

Not to worry, Brittie. We all do it sometimes.

Thanks Avedon. It is the pretty time of year.

• Nancy
    11 years ago

Well, I refuse to pick a favorite, I like every single one of them. Woman at the Well is looking really good. I should have the first bloom on mine soon, but I'm going to try not to be disappointed after what you say about it. Your picture looks really nice though.

• Nancy Barginear
    11 years ago

It doesn't look like my ASIAN FAIRY BLUEBIRD either. :-( One of us has a misnamed daylily!

Nancy

• shive
    11 years ago

Kay - I sent you Asian Fairy Bluebird last fall. And that photo looks exactly like mine, which I got directly from Art Gallery Gardens. Unfortunately mine still puts out wimpy, disappointing scapes. It multiplies like crazy, but I just don't get many buds out of it. The same goes for Cerulean Warbler and Blue Eyes Glance. It's a shame because I love the blooms on all three. Later in the year, I may move them beside the house to better simulate Florida growing conditions.

Debra

• mizellie
    11 years ago

I really like Woman At The Well. Arctic Lace is a real beauty and my choice of this thread...Ellie

• sann777
    11 years ago

Woman At The Well and Artic Lace are my favorites. I have Etosha and it is a beauty too. Sarah

• celeste/NH
    11 years ago

That photo of Arctic Lace is absolutely breathtaking! What a beautiful, pristine daylily. I see that your imposter Bird Talk is something else...it sure doesn't look like mine which is definitely Bird Talk. The Asian Fairy Bluebird(?) one is stunning and the Isle of Patmos is as well. But I still like Arctic Lace best of all.

Celeste

• nat4b
    11 years ago

Love Isle of Patmos, so pretty! And I've always admired Arctic Lace, and with three blooms in a pic, it's my favorite today

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Love the pics. I am waiting for ISLE OF PATMOS to arrive here this coming week from Karol E. along with others I ordered from her.
    Lambertson are very iffy here. Sometimes they do wonderful and others times I think they will die but like the Phoenix from the ashes, they come back better than ever.

Julia