Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Blooms and Garden Pics

Posted by Avedon 8a (My Page) on
Mon, May 7, 12 at 15:40

Several new blooms today, and some other garden shots that might be of interest. Avedon

Photobucket

First up is Julianna Lynn--brand new dl, planted Mar 29.

Photobucket

Bodacious Returns--a big flower on a short scape. I don't think this flower is registered, will have to check on that.

Photobucket

Jack Carpenter reject--the prettiest red that we grow.

Photobucket

Chance Encounter--third bloom. There were 2 blooms yesterday, but they did not open very well.

Photobucket

Jellyroll Truffle-just average until it doubles, maybe next time, I hope

Q. Big Red #2

This is a cross of 2 Jack Carpenter rejects. I think this one will be donated to next year's plant sale.

Photobucket

This is a mystery daylily. We don't know where this came from, or what it is. To me, it has the look of Chance Encounter. I am sure this one will be at the plant sale next year.

Photobucket

Favorite rose put out this pretty flower today.

Photobucket

Zinnias are starting to bloom.

Photobucket

Our zinnia patch looking good

Photobucket

The blue picture for today--our spiderwort

Photobucket

The blue salvia--just missed the hummingbird on this one.

Photobucket

Closing with Zeke hiding under the Chance Encounters ready to pounce on me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Blooms and Garden Pics

That first bloom is very pretty. and the red one too, but, zeke is the best.

Jean

o

Nice kitty! I just love the blue salvia and the zinnia patch both. I am a big fan of growing zinnias. Always grow some here. Beautiful daylilly blooms. My favorite is a tie between Julianna Lynn and Bodacious Returns. I just love them both.

o

Julianna Lynn is lovely. I'm glad you didn't reject the Jack Carpenter reject, that is a pretty red. Handsome Zeke!

o

I like your red 'reject' too and Julianna. If it set in that quick-next year it out to be a powerhouse!

o

Red reject is gorgeous, but Juliaana Lynn is the best of the bunch...even edges out Zeke by a whisker...ah no! another pun!
kay

o

That is a great picture of Zeke. I like the first daylily, Julianna Lynn. And the bright Red one is lovely. Sarah

o

Julianna Lynn is a beauty and I don't think I've ever seen it. Thanks for posting!
Kathy

o

I swear, you guys all plant your zinnias closer together than the package says, and I think it helps. I need to stop reading the package!

Nate

o

What a stunning photo of Zeke he gets my vote for favorite.
Your DL's are coming along nicely and Julianna Lynn is my favorite, I'm really starting to get into the edge no eye daylilies.
Linda

o

The Carpenter red twin reject is my favorite and of course
Zeke ;-).

Nice show of zinnias and other perennials.

Julia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here