Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tweetypye

Need help with this one's ID please....

tweetypye
14 years ago

I've got another mislabeled dl and it's pretty distintive so I thought maybe someone here would recognize it.

It's a beautiful big bloom, easily 6.5 to 7 inches. It was purchased as Champagne Memory, which it clearly is not because CM is only 4" and is a pink polychrome. I've sent this photo to the seller so maybe she will recognize it if ya'll don't. It's a beautiful dl so I'm not displeased with it, just want to put a name with it if possible. :)

TIA

Jan

Comments (22)

• opnjmprs
    14 years ago

I don't know what it's name is, but it sure is a beauty! If you find out what the name is, I'd like to add that to my got to have list.

Linda

• tweetypye
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I heard back from the seller and she said she thinks this might be Beautiful Edgeings, but, I have BE and this dl is a lot darker than mine. What do ya'll think? Anybody's BE look this dark?
    Jan

• tweetypye
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I used the same camera that I took the photo of the daylily above, and it was probably taken in the early morning also, cause that's when I take all my bloom photos. The one above sure doesn't look like my BE.

Anyway, I'd be interested to hear from some of you on this. I know lots of you grow BE.
    TIA
    Jan

• maximus7116
    14 years ago

I have a couple guesses for you -- check out IMPULSIVE and HELAMAN. HELAMAN might be too big (listed at 9" on Tinker's, although mine has never bloomed that large). I agree that it's too dark for Beautiful Edgings.

• tweetypye
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Chris, I looked them both up, and I don't think mine is either. The form just isn't correct for Impulsive and the edge coloring and size is not right for Helaman.
    Another reason I know it's not BE is the stamens are dark and every photo I've seen on BE the stamens are light like mine.
    Sure hope someone else has some suggestions.
    Jan

• lynxe
    14 years ago

It would help if you described the color....or height or something. :) On my monitor, the flower looks to be a very pale yellow, with rosy-pink edges, but is it??? It reminds me of some to be found in the Ladybug catalog, like FABOULOUS FRINGES ("light pink bitone...wide rose border and thin yellow picotee [edge]" -- on my monitor, the light pink shows yellow). WHAT A GIRL WANTS looks much pinker, but maybe that's a monitor thing going on here?

MASTER BLEND, by Kate Carpenter is a pink with a rose edge. I've seen photos that look show everything from a distinctly dark pink to a yellow bloom, so who knows...probably not that one? It does have dark sepals though!

• tweetypye
    Original Author
    14 years ago

lynxe...I would describe the main petal color as a peachy flesh color with yellow undertones and the edges of the petals is a dark rose color...much darker than the edge of BE. The scapes are about 24 inches and as I stated earlier, the bloom is a good 6.5 or better. The first bloom had a bit of sculpting, but it is the ffo so could change in that respect. I'll post a photo of it's next bloom if it looks any different.
    The seller can't help me...she says the only one she can remember growing that looked anything like it is BE, which I know it's not since I grow BE already.
    Anyway, I'd love to ID it since it's sort of a unique color combo and is very pretty in person.
    Jan

• kabby_z8
    14 years ago

Jan my BE is dead on with yours.

I don't think I have grown a flower like yours and I tend to like those types. TUNE THE HARP, SEAL OF APPROVAL, and EMMA TOMLINSON MCHUGH all don't match. I also have IMPULSIVE and it has more of a pansy face.

I've never grown AUTUMN WOOD but I don't think that's quite it either. Sorry : (

• tweetypye
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well thanks for trying anyway Kabby. :) It's not AW cause I also grow that one. I may never know what it is, but I like it, so I'll let it stay around till I need the space for something named that I like better. LOL
    Jan

• dani_plus_2
    14 years ago

What about "Fruit Loops"? Or "Diva On Edge"?

• jean_ar
    14 years ago

Jan I have no idea what your DL is, but its gorgeous.Almost as pretty as your Beautiful Edgings.Thats one I have wanted a long time.Its a real beauty.Have tou checked Fruit Loops for a name on your DL ?

Jean

• tweetypye
    Original Author
    14 years ago

It's not FL...here's a photo of FL which I grow. Forms all wrong and it's lots bigger too, plus it's blooming too early to be FL.
    {{gwi:646779}}
    Thanks guys, I sure do appreciate everyones suggestions. Ya'll keep thinking, maybe someone will hit on it sooner or later.
    Jan

• okbt
    14 years ago

Take a look at PLEASANT EDGING. Might just be it.

• mizellie
    14 years ago

Well Jan, I don't know either but it has viening like AW. It isn't Helaman though because H has very long petals and sepal. Yours ( whatever it is ) is beautiful.. Be sure you let us know when you find out!!! Don't forget to post a pic of "All About Eve"....Ellie

• tweetypye
    Original Author
    14 years ago

okbt...you know, it looks kind of like that could be it, but I can only find one photo online to compare it too. Do you have it or know of any photo sources where I might see it?
    Thanks,
    Jan

• dragonkeep
    14 years ago

Looking at photos here, check out a pale Antique Rose, Blossom Queen, Edged in Pink, Frosted Vintage Ruffles, Susan Weber, Swedish Girl, Tipped In Rouge, a single bloom of a double called Two-toned Taffy, Willow Dean Smith? Some of these are on the forum at the address below

Here is a link that might be useful: Edges No Eye

• tweetypye
    Original Author
    14 years ago

dragonkeep...the closest match I've seen from the suggestions made, is Swedish Girl. Stats are right and the photos I've found sure look a lot like my NOID dl even down to the light sculpting. I've emailed the seller to ask if she has ever grown SG. Cross your fingers for me! :)
    Jan

• dragonkeep
    14 years ago

Consider it done...it looks like a great daylily to me! She deserves a name.

Barb

• organic_kitten
    14 years ago

Jan,

Lee Reinke? Similar color intensity, but mine hasn't bloomed yet, so I can;t say.
    I really like your though.
    kay

• tweetypye
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Don't think so Kay. LR looks like a UF to me. The form on mine isn't like it at all. Thanks for the suggestion, however.
    Jan

• juliet11
    14 years ago

Jan - your no ID is beautiful. I love edge no eye daylilies. Hope you can find out what it is - it's really hard if the seller doesn't know. I think Swedish Girl has light stamens, not dark ones. I don't grow Pleasant Edging, but I've got several photos of it I found on the web and it looks similar to your photo, with dark stamens. There's a photo of it on Tinkers. Also one at the link below.

Juliet

Here is a link that might be useful: Pleasant Edging photo

• tweetypye
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Juliet, but so far I've struck out. I've sent the seller every suggestion and she says that she doesn't or hasn't grown that cv so, I may never know what it is.
    I appreciate everyone's suggestions however, and if anyone would like to offer a guess, please do. :)
    Jan