Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Picture Potpourri For Tuesday

Posted by Avedon 8a (My Page) on
Tue, May 15, 12 at 16:02

There may be something for everyone in today's mix-new, old, singles, doubles, multiples, etc. and some garden shots.
Avedon

Photobucket

New-- Imperial Lemon--love this big fragrant yellow. We have 3 clumps of this one.

Photobucket

First photos of Fairy Tale Pink--the first blooms were awful, would not fully open. These are playing peek-a-boo

Photobucket

Triplets of Leebea Orange Crush

Photobucket

Clump Of Buttered Popcorn

Photobucket

This is a J. Carpenter reject passed along to me. The flowers can be huge and beautiful if you like this color--I don't--I call it Rusty Rose and this picture makes it prettier than it is; also,the flowers will disintegrate at the first drop of water.

Photobucket

Custard Candy triplets playing peek-a-boo

Photobucket

Midnight Magic for the lovers of very dark red dls. It's really almost black.

Photobucket

Destined To See Clump

Photobucket

Beautiful Edgings doing the beautiful thing

Photobucket

Iszy Dizzy (correct spelling of name) has doubled!! It is usually very good about being a double, but not this year.

Photobucket

The BIG clump of Always Afternoon

Photobucket

Persian Market--better color on this picture

Photobucket

Now for a garden shot--the zinnia patch coming on strong--there are a number of butterflies on the flowers, but hard to see.

Photobucket

Surprise!! Found a butterfly on a zinnia. That's all, until tomorrow.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Picture Potpourri For Tuesday

I love those garden shots. I love your zinnia patch as I really, truely do just love zinnias! Great shot with the butterfly. Now the daylilies of course are just fabulous. So many colorful blooms. That Destined To See Clump is gotta be my favorite as it just looks so pretty, who could resist it!

o

wow!!! more gorgeous pictures for us to see.FAIRY TALE PINK is gorgeous. I have to look and see if mine even ha scapes on it yet. and I love the one you are calling RUSTY ROSE.I think its very pretty.and I love MIDNIGHT MAGIC. Love the dk reds.and love BEAUTIFUL EDGINGS, TOO mine has got scapes and buds, no blooms yet. now the zinnia's.I am like Rita.I love Zinnia's and yours is very very pretty,and the shot with the butterfly is gorgeous. Thats hard to do with the bigger butterflys.I managed to get a photo last year of a butterfly on a bloom, but,I had to keep following that thing every where before it stayed in one place long enough to get a photo of it.

Jean

o

Avedon, Destined To See is my pick but I love the Zinnia Especially with the Butterfly. Ellie

o

You have some beauties and I agree with Ellie the shot with the butterfly is stunning.
Linda

o

Your zinnias are really looking good. I had counted on my zinnias reseeding, but I see no sign of it yet. I'm going to have to get some seeds & a few plants to tide me over. Destined to See is my pick too, a great daylily!

o

Everything is so pretty! That clump of Destined to See takes the ribbon, however.

kay

o

I'm trying to play 'catch-up' with all the recent postings. I really love all your clump shots. My favorite of these is the 'Fairy Tale Pink' twins, looking so demure and delicate. Your daylilies all look great.

Celeste

o

My favorite is the photo of the butterfly on that vividly colored zinnia. Second would be your clump of Destined to See.

Debra

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here