Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jean_ar

Found a bunch of new ones, today

jean_ar
10 years ago

I didn't expect to see so many new ones blooming today, but several of them wasn't open all the way,and I just went out and checked and they are still not opened up good at 3pm, They wasn't slow to open last year.,I wasn't expecting to see these open to day.

Comments (17)

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is a huge bloom today, about the best one its ever had, too.

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This Gold Kissed always opened perfect last year, but, this FFO is a wash out this morning and it still no better at 3pm

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Now this one is a beauty, today.

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

oh I love these reds.Got 2 of these plants now and both are blooming today.

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

And Big Yellow taxi is a wash out today. just checked and it never did open good, but, maybe next one be perfect.

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This one is slowly improving each year..

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

his one was another bloom machine last year. First bloom is not that great yet, but, bet the next one will be super nice.

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

AND will end this post with one of my newest roses starting to bloom.Its just a baby bush right now.

• shive
    10 years ago

Lots of pretties today! I think I like your New Paradigm bloom the best. Your plant looks like it has good foliage and plenty of blooms. My New Paradigm is very shrimpy. I almost lost it over the winter, so I may not be keeping it even though I love appliques so much.

Debra

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Jean, what has been your experience with New Paradigm? Splotchy? Doesn't open well? Glad that this time it produced.

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Debra
    Mantis,didnt open well last year.and noy as big either.its doing great right now.

jean

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

Well since roses were my first love, I have to give two thumbs up to Peace. For as long as it's been around it still is such a beauty. I was looking at one of its offspring the other day at a nursery, "Love and Peace", and it was so pretty, you could see its heritage in its blended coloration.......I can see some form on London Calling, so I'm sure it will settle in later. My favorite is Northern Nocturn. Nice one......Maryl

• mizellie
    10 years ago

New Paradigm is very pretty. It was a beauty here last year! It seems to like it here to and looks really good. I transplated my whole garden and downsized a lot. I am anxious to see how many blooms I get!. Some nice surprises for you, I gather. BYT will probably be perfect next bloom..love the little yellow rose. I bought Sugar Moon last year and it has lots of buds so I am impatiently waiting!! Ellie

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Jean your getting some really nice blooms now my favorite is Northern Nocturne such a great color.
    Linda

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

My favorite is Northern Nocturne, the colors are beautiful, and I always like Fancy Face. I love the rose. Marg

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

MARYL; if you ever get a chance to get "GLOWING PEACE" you should grab that one up.Always has blooms on it,and gets to be a huge bush.Its one of the prettiest Peace roses.Lost mine a few years ago,and I actually sat down and cried about it.It was a beauty..no fragrance that I smelled, but it probably had just a little.It is a gorgeous rose.

jean

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Jean, the rose is lovely and the daylilies are great. I just love that color on GOLD KISSED. Hopefully the next one will open all the way.