Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Racing to Open

organic_kitten
11 years ago

So many are opening, it is as if they are having a race.

First Bloom for Lady Jane Pearce:

She's as big as it looks like she is.

Here is Bird Talk, also first bloom:

Citrix makes its first appearance this year:

I love Citrix!

Respighli en mass:

{{gwi:727797}}

Cerulean Warbler makes its bow for the yer:

And trio of Drink the Light being crowded by Wild Thing Salvia:

More Later:

kay

Comments (14)

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Beautiful. Just lovely as usual. My favorite is deffinately CITRIX. You know I love the hot colored ones. But Lady Jane Pearce is a beauty also.

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

wow. kay, you have some very pretty ones today. Lady jane Pearce is very pretty. and Bird talk is lovely too.BUT my favorite one today is CERUDEAN WARBLER. its different and so pretty.

Jean

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Second Installment:
    Channel Cat Vernon: I had overlooked this one, since I had so many new ones right together...new to me and first blooms

Ledgewoods Pansy Eye (Right) And Purple Breasted Honeycreeper:

Man of sorrows:

Hot Lava:

And the enormouse Philistine Champion:

The area several of these FFOs came from today:

kay

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

geez. MAN OF SORROWS IS A BEAUTY Looks a lot like BETTY FORD, dont it. its gorgeous.That and HOT LAVA are my favorites in this add-on.

Jean

• mizellie
    11 years ago

Kay, I like them all and Respighi is a favorite but I really Love, Cerulean Warbler. Just beautiful...Ellie

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

It's always so exciting to see the new ones open--kind of like Christmas Day--what's in that package? You have so many pretties today, must love them all, but for sure, Cerulean Warbler is fantastic. Avedon

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone. Rita, I have been patial to Citrix since you posted the first picture of it.

Jean, I think you like Luddy's cultivars as well as I do since you often choose them for your favorites...and they are beautiful.

Ellie, Cerulean Warbler is a very photogenic bloom. I love it too.

Avedon, it is very like opening packages on Christmas...you think you know what you have, but want to see it!

Everyone, I discovered two of the daylilies blooming today had a sweet fragrance...Drink the Light, and slightly softer, SC Behavior Pattern...a touch of honeysuckle. Very nice.
    kay

• katlynn719
    11 years ago

Kay, My Cerulean Warbler hasn't bloomed this year and there is no sign of scapes. So I will have to enjoy yours from afar. Thanks for sharing!
    Kathy

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Kathy, I have two clumps of it, and it usually blooms early for me. It has always beena really, really good bloomer. I have multiple scapes on both clumps. My suggest6ion is to try a different spot. I am now firmly convinced that if they aren't blooming, they aren't happy.

I moved Pirate King (just before shovel pruning) and Winners trophy because it didn't bloom. Both of them have done wonderfully this year. It is a worth a try, because that on is too pretty to not enjoy. And it's a Florida Native!
    kay

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

KAY, I KNow nothing about a LUDDY"S cultivars.I just love some colors and forms better then others.:)

Jean

• shive
    11 years ago

My favorite of these today is Cerulean Warbler. I'm pleased to see mine is putting up scapes this year. It seems to bloom only every other year for me.

Debra

• anniegolden
    11 years ago

So many pretty ones. Citrix, Cerulean Warbler, Purple Breasted Honeycreeper. And Channel Cat Vernon is an interesting bloom. I'm looking forward to seeing more pics of this one.
    Christine

• sann777
    11 years ago

I think I like that Pansy Eye the best and also Man of Sorrows is a nice one. Sarah

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Great blooms I keep scrolling back and forth and I can't pick a favorite though I'm kind of partial to your Lambertson's I like the purple's blue and lavenders.
    Linda