Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
avedon_gw

More FFOs

avedon_gw
10 years ago

I am having a hard time keeping up, guess I will have to do those "midnight posts" as time goes by and there are more flowers. Avedon

Midnight Magic, really darker than this, almost black.

Leebea Orange Crush --a bright note in the garden

Catcher In The Eye--sorry, don't know why this pic is blurry.

Isabel's Spider--brand new in our garden, and it is a really BIG flower on a short scape. I think in a few years, the scapes will catch up with the flowers.

Burning Inheritance--if you like "Screamers", this one's for you!!

Our beautiful NOID we have named "Single Somebody" put out four FFOs today.

Always Afternoon, it puts out lots of blooms

Judy Davisson's Mister Butters, another brand new in the garden, and I LOVE IT! This color really shows up, we can see it from quite a distance.

And now, possibly the best for last--our Super Favorite, Beautiful Edgings-FFO today.

Comments (10)

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Beautiful Edgings is really a beauty! all are lovely, but that one takes the cake.
    kay

• shive
    10 years ago

I must be liking screamers today because Burning Inheritance is my favorite. "Single Somebody" makes a pretty clump!

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Mister Butters is one I've always wanted. Something about that yellow just draws your eye to it. :-).

Julia

• darobi2459
    10 years ago

edgings is a big WOW! looks like super heavy substance on that.

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

I like the soft yellow of the NOID. Good to see a picture of Mr. Butters. How about some distance perspective on that one. How tall is it?

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Wow, I was at a loss to find a favorite, since they are all so pretty, but then BEAUITIFUL EDGINGS comes along, and its my favorite of them.I love that one.

jean

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Beautiful group of blooms. I agree with you Beautiful Edgings is a favorite of mine to, it always puts out stunning blooms.

Linda

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

My favorite is 'Single Somebody'. I have a thing for yellow NOIDs since I have a couple of my own and for some reason they are extra-fragrant, hardy and bloom beautifully. Yours is wonderful!!! In some ways it reminds me of my own beautiful yellow NOID, with it's graceful form and soft yellow coloration.
    My second pick is Burning Inheritance.

Celeste

• avedon_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everybody, glad there were some here that you all liked. Tonight I plant to post the five new ones that bloomed today, plus some of the ones you have seen before, but I think a few deserve a repeat showing. Darobi, usually Beautiful Edgings is fine, but we have had very strong winds today and a couple of petals were ripped off. Mantis, Mr. Butters is registered at 41" and I find (in my very limited experience) that newly planted daylilies rarely achieve their registered heights. It seems to take a few years for them to grow as high as the hybridizer lists. I measured the scape on this one that is blooming and it is 29" now. As far as distance, from the door of our house on the west side up to where Mr. Butters is planted is approximately 300 feet and I can see it with no problem at all. I have "high" hopes for this one, think it will be a winner. Oh, yes, Mr. Butters has put up seven scapes, and as I say a brand new plant, pretty impressive to me. Avedon

• kathy9norcal
    10 years ago

Great photos! My Beautiful Edgings just started blooming. It is a favorite of mine too.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio