Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Garden is so green.

newyorkrita
10 years ago

Tall bearded iris and clematis are blooming. The daylily folliage is big and green.

Comments (12)

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

clematis blooming in front yard

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

closep view

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The last of the French Blend Single late tulips bloom on daylily slope.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I have so many veggies planted that I had to put some of them in pots on my driveway. I have peas, beans, cucumbers, melons, cauliflower, eggplant, green and yellow zucchini both and bok choi planted here in pots.

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

It is all so beautiful Rita. The clematis is so pretty. and the daylilies really are big and green, just like mine.Mine really took off growing and some of them are huge.. My wonder of it all that I posted so much ast year has grown by leaps and bounds.I had to take some of the fans out of the pot last fall,as it had no room for new fans to grow, so I took 2 fans out, maybe it was 3 fans I removed and put them in another pot, then I moved this plant into a much bigger pot. almost 3 times bigger,and now its outgrown both pots and I will have to remove some fans again. already removed a double fan out of it several months ago and gave them to a lady that comes here once a year to see how I am doing,and to look at all the flowers. last year she helped me get a big hosta out of its pot and divided it to give her a start of it. its a huge Hosta. almost 5 ft wide right now, after taking one plant out.and this spring I gave her a double fan of wonder of it all, and gave my one daughter a double fan too.I love that daylily,and all of them too.

jean

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

What is the name of the clematis in the second clematis pic you posted? I think it is a closeup of one of the ones in the first pic of clematis together.

The bearded iris are really starting to open for you now. Nice blend of colors. Foliage looks good too and I see your lilies are popping up nicely too.

Julia

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes, the clematis is a closeup of one in the group picture. Sorry, I don't know it's name. I never label them, just plant them.

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Yes, it is lovely and green, so soothing to the eyes. You just have so many lovely plants, looks like Paradise on earth to me. Avedon

• mnclerk
    10 years ago

That clematis is just amazing!

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Everything is lush. green and gorgeous! The iris are stunning. How about a close up or two? Does Will Goodwin sound at all familiar to you? Your clematis close up resembles it pretty well.
    kay

• houstmag
    10 years ago

I aqree with Kay everything is lush and green can't wait to start seeing those DL's blooming.
    Linda

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone. Kay, yes that is it. The clematis is Will Goodwin, now I do remember. Thanks!