Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Walking around the garden today.

newyorkrita
11 years ago

Take a walk along the grassy path along the south side rose garden. Of course the roses are not blooming yet. But the Azaleas and shrubs accross the path are in full bloom.

And look accross at the front yard pond.

Iris are blooming here. This a a clump of AMAZING DON.

Ended up looking at the mid backyard beds. Daylies are growing like crazy this year. Iris are starting to bloom.

Comments (11)

• Nancy
    11 years ago

I want a chair to just sit smack in the middle of your path, it just looks heavenly.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It is really nice. Especially in spring as the shrubs bloom and then again when the roses come into bloom. But because of all those shrubs, you can't even see my neighbors driveway which is on the other side of the mixed shrub border.

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Your garden is very lovely. That clematis is especially beautiful! I love all the colors, and that is a gorgeous iris.
    kay

• sann777
    11 years ago

I love that Azalea. I have a lots of them, mostly Coral Bells and Pink Ruffle. Do you know the name of yours? I also love the clematis. Sarah

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks! I bought the Azaleas at Home Depot years ago. Planted them and never kept the tags. I just wanted color.

Kay, as you know I have a fair amount of clematis haveing gone crazy afew years ago buying so many. But they look really nice now. Have lots more blooming than the ones I posted here.

• katlynn719
    11 years ago

Rita, I love your pink and lavender azalea combo - it looks electric!
    Kathy

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

I love everything, It's a beautiful spring at your house, wish I could walk around with you and see your plants in person. The good news here is that it is raining after 2 1/2 weeks without any rain and temps almost 10 degrees above normal. Our plants will jump with this water on them, and the cooler temps--we are back to spring at last. Avedon P.S. are you glad not to see the neighbor's driveway?

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well, I don't mind the neighbors and we get along very well. But I would still rather look at greenery than their cars.

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

Love all your azaleas,Rita. They are beautiful.Those first 4 or 5 photos are just gorgeous, beautiful. and you r litlr pond area is very nice,t oo.Can't have litle ponds here, The snakes take them over,and I am scared of snakes.

jean

• Nancy
    11 years ago

Our neighbors put in rows of spruce & pine trees to block us out. For some reason it aggravates my husband, but I love it. Although on one side the owner put them in entirely too close together & several are getting diseased & dying. The new owners don't take them down when they die, so when a storm comes up the trees fall over on us. We have to clean it up, then they come later & take off the rest of the tree. I don't understand why they don't take down the dead trees when they clean up those stumps. We've never had any other problems that I know of. Still have 5 or 6 dead trees, just waiting for them to fall.
    How did I get off onto that? I was trying to say that I love the privacy, especially when you have close neighbors. Ours aren't that close, but I love the privacy we get from the trees, & I know you get that from your beautiful azaleas.

• houstmag
    11 years ago

I love love love your garden everything is stunning you've done a great job in blocking your neighbors it makes it look like you have a very large piece of property.
    Linda

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville