Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

The Patio and the Pot Getto.

newyorkrita
10 years ago

My back patio has my snow peas and onions and brocoli all in pots.

Comments (13)

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

And my drivaway has so many veggies in pots that it looks like a Pot Getto!

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Iris row in the rain yesterday.

• booberry85
    10 years ago

Wow! Your "pot ghetto" is so neat. The Dh just hate the pots I have on and near the deck of our house. Your irises are gorgeous!

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Well I like the pot ghetto..Thats the advantage of not having a DH. can put pots of thing just where you want them and no one cares.Rita, what happened to your big grow bag you had tomatoes in last spring? seems like that would hold a lot of veggies.I couldn't find any here..I was going to get a couple and plant things in them, too.Would be good for your onions I bet or them peas.some thing that don't need a stake in I bet would work real good.

jean

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jean, I hated it. I empted it in the fall of soil and threw it away.

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

awww, and it looked like to me, it would have worked real nice for your onions. no need for a stake for them. or peppers.altho, they looed like it would have took lots of potting soil to fill them up...I have tiny little cucumbers now if they ake it and grow, doing good so far.
    jean

• shive
    10 years ago

Your "pot ghettos" are so nice and neat. I wish I had a patio or a driveway to house my pots. They sit on the grass, and kill it. And every time I mow I have to spend almost half an hour moving them. Your veggies look like they are growing well!

Debra

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

And the yellow iris is?

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

Your Iris are just lovely. A friend of mine and I were bemoaning the fact that Iris really don't like a pot to grow in. Which is probably best for us, because we both could go crazy buying beautiful Iris seeing pictures like yours. A great grouping of colors you've put together. Hope some of them are fragrant for you.........Maryl

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Beautiful iris. I can relate to the pot ghetto since I grow all of my DL's in pots.

My pot ghetto
    {{gwi:684937}}

Linda

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Ah yes, the pot ghetto. Yours looks very neat. Mine has daylilies growing good roots, roses getting big, and veggies and little Japanese maples in it. Yours' is so nicely organized.
    The iris are gorgeous!

kay

• mizellie
    10 years ago

You have a talent Rita, for potting things. Mine always looks as though I threw them in, pot luck. I have several things in pots but mostly just what I want to transplant this fall! I do have bunches of dl seedlings in pots and cups though...Ellie

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Love the tall yellow iris Rita. I can relate to pots (for daylilies)as I've added a few this year but hopefully they will all be gone by summers end. Your patio vegetable garden is looking very good.

Julia

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative Design-Build Firms