Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
An order fro Roycrofts

Posted by daylilydayzed 9/10 C. FLA. (My Page) on
Mon, May 17, 10 at 17:53

Today I received an order from Roycrofts I purchased in April for shipment is May. I ordered 4 plants and this is what I got: Bela Lugosi,Black Briar Bay, Cameroon Night, and Emperor Butterfly. Bela Lugosi arrived with crown rot already present. I immediately emailed Roycrofts and told them that I would like it replaced with a healthy fan. I mean the rot was very established to the point if I touched the crown area, it would fall off onto my finger. I will let you know how it is resolved.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: An order fro Roycrofts

I'm glad you posted this, I was beginning to think I was the only one not happy with Roycroft. I had an order of 7 last spring. Only one was a decent plant. The others were so puny I could hardly find them. I used to order and get really nice stuff. Most of them are dead. Some died right away, even tho I planted them in pots and babied them along. This is what is left. Indian Giver, all of 3" tall, and the same miserable one fan. Lav. Blue Baby, has 1 increase, and Dixie Rhythm. This one actually resembles a daylily.I notified them, and they said they were just small, not puny. Not a thing done about it. Never again.

o

I will not order any thing from Roycrofts again. I have not gotten a email from them about it yet.

o

I got an email from Roycrofts last evening and this is what they said: "We are very sorry to hear that your Bela Lugosi had rotted and we are going to send out a replacement tomorrow via USPS. I am glad that you contacted us upon seeing it we value all of our customers please don't hesitate call or email us if you have any questions about any of the others.
Sincerely,
Daniel Lambert"

I will let you what condition the replacement is in when I get it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here