Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Daylilies for Late May

Posted by brittie Houston 9a (My Page) on
Wed, May 30, 12 at 18:24

Some of my daylilies have come to an end. :( Ohwell, here's what I've got for the past week or so. Two new ones, and the rest old.

Wedding Band
Photobucket

Baffin Bay Beauty
Photobucket

Awakening Dream
Photobucket

Awakening Dream (baked by the sun)
Photobucket

Iron Man (new one!)
Photobucket

Cafe Mocha (another new- on the fence about this one)
Photobucket

Pandora's Box
Photobucket

And for other garden-y stuff...

Hibiscus Hugs and Kisses
Photobucket

Hibiscus South Seas Sipper
Photobucket

Dahlia Macalister's Pride

Photobucket

Dahlia Hayley Jane (I think)
Photobucket

Rose Cherry Parfait
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Daylilies for Late May

Sorry some of the pictures turned out so big. Bah!

o

Hi, Brittie. Maybe you will get some re-bloom! The rose, Dahlias and Hibiscus are beautiful. Baffin Bay beauty and Awakwning Dawn are my favorites of the daylilies.
kay

o

Coming to an end already, & just the end of May :( Hope you get lots of rebloom. Baffin Bay Beauty & Awakening Dream are my favorites too. Awakening Dream is even pretty baked. Love that dahlia! And the hibiscus are pretty too.

o

Wow, you have some really pretty flowers in your garden. I have Cherry Parfait roses myself and they are a favorite of mine. Daylilies, well, they ALL look good so very difficult to choose a favorite. I think I will go with Iron Man though as it is so pretty.

o

Love your rose and the dahlias. My favorite daylily is Wedding Band.
Val

o

I love Baffin Bay Beauty and Iron Man for their pretty ruffles. Rose Cherry Parfait is dropdead gorgeous, and the dahlias make such a color statement. Thanks for sharing your photos!

Debra

o

wow, what some gorgeous flowers you have Love that rose. I have that one, too.the dahlias are so pretty, and I love WEDDING BAND.the hibiscus ia really pretty, too.

jean

o

Wedding Band and BBB are my picks today. Iron Man's bloom looks looks it's pretty thick. It was a bonus from Maryott last yr and I gave it away the day it arrived as there are way, way, way to many yellows here. Now I wish I had kept it.

Love the color of Macalister's Pride dahlia.

o

Very nice daylily shots, and I love the hibiscus.

Chris

o

Thanks! The flowers on the pink hibiscus are about 10 inches wide! It's just enormous. I have a couple of daylilies that have put up a new scape or two, but not a whole lot of action. We'll see. A few babies that I just bought this spring are putting out baby canes, so that's pretty cool. Hopefully the sun won't bake them into oblivion.

Oh, haha. I'm adding this picture for laughs...
Photobucket
It's HOT!!!!!!!!

o

Oh goodness! That poor daylily in the last picture just plain melted, didn't it?

Among the unmelted ones (or pre-melted?), Iron Man is my favorite, he is a very nice clear yellow. And Rose Cherry Parfait is a picture of perfection.

o

Your flowers are all gorgeous.
Linda

o

Coming to an end already? :(
The pictures are so nice, that every daylily and other flowers are my favorite! Iron Man is a beauty, I was thinking about ordering this. The last rose, Cherry Parfait, is very beautiful

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Thu, May 31, 12 at 13:42

My favorite is Bafin Bay Beauty followed by Awakening Dream. The Hibiscus is a beauty, I've never seen one like that before. Marg

o

Love, love, love your flowers. Is Rose Cherry Parfait a dahlia too? Your dahlias are just exquisite! Love the daylilies too, esp. Baffin Bay Beauty.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here