Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brittiebird

Daylilies for Late May

Some of my daylilies have come to an end. :( Ohwell, here's what I've got for the past week or so. Two new ones, and the rest old.

Wedding Band

{{gwi:733038}}

Baffin Bay Beauty

{{gwi:733041}}

Awakening Dream

{{gwi:733042}}

Awakening Dream (baked by the sun)

{{gwi:733044}}

Iron Man (new one!)

{{gwi:733045}}

Cafe Mocha (another new- on the fence about this one)

{{gwi:733047}}

Pandora's Box

{{gwi:733048}}

And for other garden-y stuff...

Hibiscus Hugs and Kisses

Hibiscus South Seas Sipper

Dahlia Macalister's Pride

{{gwi:303567}}

Dahlia Hayley Jane (I think)

Rose Cherry Parfait

Comments (15)

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sorry some of the pictures turned out so big. Bah!

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Hi, Brittie. Maybe you will get some re-bloom! The rose, Dahlias and Hibiscus are beautiful. Baffin Bay beauty and Awakwning Dawn are my favorites of the daylilies.
    kay

• Nancy
    11 years ago

Coming to an end already, & just the end of May :( Hope you get lots of rebloom. Baffin Bay Beauty & Awakening Dream are my favorites too. Awakening Dream is even pretty baked. Love that dahlia! And the hibiscus are pretty too.

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Wow, you have some really pretty flowers in your garden. I have Cherry Parfait roses myself and they are a favorite of mine. Daylilies, well, they ALL look good so very difficult to choose a favorite. I think I will go with Iron Man though as it is so pretty.

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

Love your rose and the dahlias. My favorite daylily is Wedding Band.
    Val

• shive
    11 years ago

I love Baffin Bay Beauty and Iron Man for their pretty ruffles. Rose Cherry Parfait is dropdead gorgeous, and the dahlias make such a color statement. Thanks for sharing your photos!

Debra

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

wow, what some gorgeous flowers you have Love that rose. I have that one, too.the dahlias are so pretty, and I love WEDDING BAND.the hibiscus ia really pretty, too.

jean

• dipsandtets
    11 years ago

Wedding Band and BBB are my picks today. Iron Man's bloom looks looks it's pretty thick. It was a bonus from Maryott last yr and I gave it away the day it arrived as there are way, way, way to many yellows here. Now I wish I had kept it.

Love the color of Macalister's Pride dahlia.

• maximus7116
    11 years ago

Very nice daylily shots, and I love the hibiscus.

Chris

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks! The flowers on the pink hibiscus are about 10 inches wide! It's just enormous. I have a couple of daylilies that have put up a new scape or two, but not a whole lot of action. We'll see. A few babies that I just bought this spring are putting out baby canes, so that's pretty cool. Hopefully the sun won't bake them into oblivion.

Oh, haha. I'm adding this picture for laughs...
    {{gwi:733055}}
    It's HOT!!!!!!!!

• anniegolden
    11 years ago

Oh goodness! That poor daylily in the last picture just plain melted, didn't it?

Among the unmelted ones (or pre-melted?), Iron Man is my favorite, he is a very nice clear yellow. And Rose Cherry Parfait is a picture of perfection.

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Your flowers are all gorgeous.
    Linda

• nat4b
    11 years ago

Coming to an end already? :(
    The pictures are so nice, that every daylily and other flowers are my favorite! Iron Man is a beauty, I was thinking about ordering this. The last rose, Cherry Parfait, is very beautiful

• marricgardens
    11 years ago

My favorite is Bafin Bay Beauty followed by Awakening Dream. The Hibiscus is a beauty, I've never seen one like that before. Marg

• missylin
    11 years ago

Love, love, love your flowers. Is Rose Cherry Parfait a dahlia too? Your dahlias are just exquisite! Love the daylilies too, esp. Baffin Bay Beauty.