Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Saturday Blooms Very Old and New

Posted by organic_kitten 7 (My Page) on
Sat, May 19, 12 at 18:32

I have had this daylily since 2008, when my obsession began. I never paid a lot of attention to it, but noted it as being very delicate and pretty today. Enticing Elegance:

Photobucket

It is beside Heaven's Echo which makes a very soft grouping- totally accidental:

Photobucket

Flaming Flamingo had its first bloom today:

Photobucket

Hot color, and not far from Alabama Jubilee:

Photobucket

Linda Beck bloomed today:

Photobucket

And Filled to Overflowing was lovely with Emporer Butterfly and Faithful and True:

Photobucket

Mississippi Momento is a lovely bloom:

Photobucket

And Spider Man looks almost 3 D:
Photobucket

Border Crossing has started blooming:
Photobucket

And Mabou was a pretty trio of blooms:

Photobucket

And that probablyy overdoes it.
kay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Saturday Blooms Very Old and New

Beautiful blooms today!! About Enticing Elegance, I don't know what yours is but I am pretty certain it isn't EE. I looked on Tinkers and am posting a phot of mine for last year! Ellie

Photobucket

o

Kay, another great group. I have to say though, SPIDER MAN, is just a beautiful color of red. MABOU is beautiful. Maybe I should get that one. Melanie isn't far from me so need to go see if she still has some on her site.

Julia

o

Ellie, Thank you! That is so funny! It explains why I told DH I could not imagine why I had never noticed how pretty Enticing Elegance was since I had gotten it from Bill Maryott when I was getting my first daylilies.

I may well have done away with Enticing Elegance since I remember those colors in your picture, and I did not like the combination...In fact, I was doing away with Jerry Nettles for that reason when DH told me he liked it, so it is still sitting in my bed, but it is going to move to a more inconspicuous place.

One thing I have discovered is that SPing a daylily that has been around a while is not easy

This is the 3rd plant I SPed last year that has bloomed bloom this year! I know what this bloom is now. I had regretfully SP'd it last year because I needed room for new ones. This plant is about a foot in front where the Robin Nichols plant was, but I did a lot of moving digging and planting in that bed...and this bloom is a dead ringer for Robin Nichols which was just such a lovely bloom when right, but often deformed, and never but a single scape...and there are 8 scapes on this plant! Eight! I guess I scared it into behaving...a one foot move couldn't make that much difference in soil. (now I hope I saved my Robin Nichols label) Thanks again Ellie.
kay

o
RE: RE: Saturday Blooms Very Old and New

Hi Julia, I was answering Ellie when you wrote. Mabou is a wonderful bloomer...Rita enabled me with her pictures, and I have never regretted buying it.
kay

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Sat, May 19, 12 at 19:32

I love them all but especially Enticing Elegance or whoever it is, and Border Crossing. I even like the upside down one! Marg

o

You sent me into shock starting out with 2 soft, delicate lovely daylilies, then into bright look-at-me beauties :) Each so striking in their own way. I think my very favorite it Mississippi Momento, but really, they are all wonderful.

o

Help!!! I can't stand it! I have just about OD'd on beauty with all your daylily pictures. Now I have to put several more on the long, long, dl list. I just hope I can find the fountain of youth pretty soon, so I will have time to get all of these bought and planted and live long enough to enjoy them. All of these are truly lovely--thanks for all the beauty. Avedon

o

More Beauties,KAY>I love LINDA BECK, and MISSISSIPPI MOMENTO..YOur BORDER CROSSING is a lot darker then mine this year. mine was darker last year, but is looking a little faded now.Maybe it needs a little daylily food??

jean

o

Great ones! Linda Beck and Spiderman were the most striking to me.

o

Such pretty blooms! They are just too, too lovely to pick a favorite. Seeing MABOU, though, I just have to add that to my list of must-haves. HEAVEN'S ECHO looks just like my HEAVEN'S EDGE. Is it from the Shooters?

Nancy

o

Spider Man really is my favorite in that lovely picture. But then I love Alabama Jubilee also. Oh well, these are all stunners.

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Sun, May 20, 12 at 0:52

Mabou (what kind of name is that?) is my favorite. I bought Linda Beck this spring but so far it's still slowly putting on growth....Maryl

o

Kay, I never miss looking at your posts. otnemoM ippississiM is especially lovely to me.
Christine

o

I think your NOT-Enticing Elegance is very pretty. I have the real EE and yours isn't it, as you now know, but it is still a lovely daylily. All of these are showstoppers so there is no picking a favorite today!

Celeste

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here