Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Saturday Blooms Very Old and New

organic_kitten
11 years ago

I have had this daylily since 2008, when my obsession began. I never paid a lot of attention to it, but noted it as being very delicate and pretty today. Enticing Elegance:

It is beside Heaven's Echo which makes a very soft grouping- totally accidental:

Flaming Flamingo had its first bloom today:

Hot color, and not far from Alabama Jubilee:

Linda Beck bloomed today:

And Filled to Overflowing was lovely with Emporer Butterfly and Faithful and True:

Mississippi Momento is a lovely bloom:

And Spider Man looks almost 3 D:

Border Crossing has started blooming:

And Mabou was a pretty trio of blooms:

And that probablyy overdoes it.

kay

Comments (14)

• mizellie
    11 years ago

Beautiful blooms today!! About Enticing Elegance, I don't know what yours is but I am pretty certain it isn't EE. I looked on Tinkers and am posting a phot of mine for last year! Ellie

{{gwi:659838}}

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Kay, another great group. I have to say though, SPIDER MAN, is just a beautiful color of red. MABOU is beautiful. Maybe I should get that one. Melanie isn't far from me so need to go see if she still has some on her site.

Julia

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ellie, Thank you! That is so funny! It explains why I told DH I could not imagine why I had never noticed how pretty Enticing Elegance was since I had gotten it from Bill Maryott when I was getting my first daylilies.

I may well have done away with Enticing Elegance since I remember those colors in your picture, and I did not like the combination...In fact, I was doing away with Jerry Nettles for that reason when DH told me he liked it, so it is still sitting in my bed, but it is going to move to a more inconspicuous place.

One thing I have discovered is that SPing a daylily that has been around a while is not easy

This is the 3rd plant I SPed last year that has bloomed bloom this year! I know what this bloom is now. I had regretfully SP'd it last year because I needed room for new ones. This plant is about a foot in front where the Robin Nichols plant was, but I did a lot of moving digging and planting in that bed...and this bloom is a dead ringer for Robin Nichols which was just such a lovely bloom when right, but often deformed, and never but a single scape...and there are 8 scapes on this plant! Eight! I guess I scared it into behaving...a one foot move couldn't make that much difference in soil. (now I hope I saved my Robin Nichols label) Thanks again Ellie.
    kay

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Julia, I was answering Ellie when you wrote. Mabou is a wonderful bloomer...Rita enabled me with her pictures, and I have never regretted buying it.
    kay

• marricgardens
    11 years ago

I love them all but especially Enticing Elegance or whoever it is, and Border Crossing. I even like the upside down one! Marg

• Nancy
    11 years ago

You sent me into shock starting out with 2 soft, delicate lovely daylilies, then into bright look-at-me beauties :) Each so striking in their own way. I think my very favorite it Mississippi Momento, but really, they are all wonderful.

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

Help!!! I can't stand it! I have just about OD'd on beauty with all your daylily pictures. Now I have to put several more on the long, long, dl list. I just hope I can find the fountain of youth pretty soon, so I will have time to get all of these bought and planted and live long enough to enjoy them. All of these are truly lovely--thanks for all the beauty. Avedon

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

More Beauties,KAY>I love LINDA BECK, and MISSISSIPPI MOMENTO..YOur BORDER CROSSING is a lot darker then mine this year. mine was darker last year, but is looking a little faded now.Maybe it needs a little daylily food??

jean

• shive
    11 years ago

Great ones! Linda Beck and Spiderman were the most striking to me.

• Nancy Barginear
    11 years ago

Such pretty blooms! They are just too, too lovely to pick a favorite. Seeing MABOU, though, I just have to add that to my list of must-haves. HEAVEN'S ECHO looks just like my HEAVEN'S EDGE. Is it from the Shooters?

Nancy

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Spider Man really is my favorite in that lovely picture. But then I love Alabama Jubilee also. Oh well, these are all stunners.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    11 years ago

Mabou (what kind of name is that?) is my favorite. I bought Linda Beck this spring but so far it's still slowly putting on growth....Maryl

• anniegolden
    11 years ago

Kay, I never miss looking at your posts. otnemoM ippississiM is especially lovely to me.
    Christine

• celeste/NH
    11 years ago

I think your NOT-Enticing Elegance is very pretty. I have the real EE and yours isn't it, as you now know, but it is still a lovely daylily. All of these are showstoppers so there is no picking a favorite today!

Celeste

Sponsored
Uncommon Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Turnkey Interior Design Studio in Loudoun County, VA