Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I fell off the wagon!

Posted by waitforspring z6MA (My Page) on
Tue, May 1, 12 at 18:36

I'd been so good about not buying any daylilies this year because I have no space and am getting some landscaping done, but I went to our club sale on Sunday and seven daylilies followed me home! I went to donate daylilies and help with the sale and didn't intend to buy, but what can I say, I'm addicted.
Val

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I fell off the wagon!

Hey, no big surprise. One just can't NOT get new daylilies. It just can't be helped. What new ones did you get?

o

If there are any lost or stray daylilies around, they seem to follow me home too :) Haven't come across any yet, but I'm sure there will be one or two before the summer is over.

o
sorry-I clicked too quick

Meant to ask what daylilies found a home with you?

o

POORVAL. THERE'S ALWAYS ROOM FOR ONE MORE.. ELLIE

o

Knew everyone here would understand. I got
ALEXIS SUNNY PANTS
EMINENT DOMAIN
YORKTOWN BEACH
BLAST FROM THE PAST
NIGHT TRAIN TO MEMPHIS
SUPERCHIEF
LEGEND OF ZORRO

Val

o

Is there a twelve step program for this illness??

o

12-step program? heavens, no. it's a 77-step program, which is why so many of us never complete it.... =)

o

It goes with the territory. We are all addicts.
kay

o

Well, who resist those, Val? I bought several new ones this spring. I didn't keep count and have forgotten several of my auction wins. But since it's 2012, and this could be the END according to the Mayan calendar, I HAD to have them. How's that for an excuse? LOL

Debra

o

Not only did I fall off the wagon it ran over me I can't post the list because it is way to long. I'm like all of you can't seem to resist what with The Lily Auction, club auctions and sales and Southern Mecca is coming up in two weeks I'm doomed.
Linda

o

I hear ya! I ordered 15 new ones for this spring. I swore I wouldn't get any more and then the nursery had a huge sale on heucheras. I wanted some for my hosta bed so we went in to get some. They also had daylilies on sale for $5 a pot. Who can pass that up? I decided I wouldn't go overboard and only picked out 4. Next thing I know DH is loading ones he wants into the cart! I ended up going home with 8 new ones. Marg

o

I can't wait for pictures of Alexis Sunny Pants. I have lusted after that one since seeing Paul's catalog. I added one to my list yesterday: Green Arrow (Gossard)

Edward

o

Just the fact that we are on this forum means we have no chance of breaking this addiction. Everyone here is an enabler! Almost every day I see an other one I NEED!
Val

o

The only way to stop is too be totally out of room and even THAT doesn't always work. I mean there is always tossing something out in favor of getting something new.

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Wed, May 2, 12 at 13:22

Out of room just means you go to "pot". That's what I've done over the past few years. Started using containers. BUT I swear, NO more daylilies this SPRING (our daylily show is in June and that's summer)....I empathize with you...Maryl

o

Rita has a good suggestion BUT, I tried it a couple of times and I managed to find a bit of space. My daughter
frequently gives me divisions of hers and my DH can't
gripe about the price.

I've got a couple of pictures I'm watching so maybe I can
get them.

Kay/phal

o

You'd think that being out of space would work, but not for me. Like Maryl says there are always pots and like Rita I look to see what else can go to make room for the new ones.
Edward, I'll be sure to post a picture of Alexis Sunny Pants when it blooms.
Val

o

Good luck with that Maryl. I went to a plant swap-Dad wanted some daylilies I specifically wanted non daylilies-I got 2 non daylilies and 6 daylilies. Dad got 4 daylilies-we shared and swapped large ones. ***sigh*** Still need to find a few NON DAYLILIES for special holes I have left for them.

o

I was behaving really well when Rita posted about Earlybirds big sale collection, then posted about it again. The second time nosey had to look and bingo! Bass Gibson and Hyacinth Macaw were both on sale by Mark at Abundant...an excellent vendor. I had to at least post a bid, since none had been made, and Hyacinth Macaw was a steal at $35! Bless goodness, no one else bid on it...just three minutes before the end of the auction, I saw that no one had bid on Bass Gibson. and there were two of them offered with no bids. I had to bid on one of them. And there were no other bids on either one. So I am awaiting two new daylilies when I wasn't going to buy anymore. I've already blamed Rita, so I will just blame the addiction.
kay

o

ha ha ha,We are all addicts,I guess.but, its a wonderful addiction,I thinkI have not been to a nursey in a long time, but, went with a daughter this afternoon, and she bought me some Lantana's that I plan to put them in spaces where I lost a rose bush.then I found a "Peace" rose bush I got to replace one that died

2 yrs ago.This one is going in a big pot,since I am unable to dig holes now.
Just the little walking I done today,I am really paying for it tonight, with my body.almost impossible to move now.

Jean

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here