Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

Did the weather forecast really say SNOW?

Julia WV (6b)
10 years ago

Read the weather forecast for today and tomorrow and they said we should expect rain mixed with snow. hmmm, no rain or snow showed up so far today but it is COLD and the winds haven't let up since last night. Been sunny most of the day but those winds make it feel like 20's outside. Checked the weather channel online and they have a frost warning for us. Wish us luck we get through this round of crazy weather.

Julia

Comments (12)

• booberry85
    10 years ago

Yes! They mentioned the "s" word. I thought we were out of danger. I have a lot of plants in a little greenhouse on our deck, but not all of them would fit. I have the others up against the house. I hope the ones in the ground will be ok.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Good grief! this is rediculous. It is supposed to be 40 tonight here in the deep south. Winter is supposed to be over. I think it is time for Barbqued groundhog. Some early end to winter this has been for everyone.

kay

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Yes, we will probably be in the mid 40's at our house tonight, well below average, but at least there is no "s" word in the forecast and I feel for all of you that might be having this type of weather. Avedon

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

I don't know whats with this weather. No snow on Long Island but cold night time temps for the next three nights.

• darobi2459
    10 years ago

its CRAZY! no snow here, but a low of 36 I believe tonight. At least Im lucky enough not to worry about a freeze :) Sorry to those that do and good luck!

• swontgirl_z5a
    10 years ago

We have snow on the ground right now. It is + .4 degrees.celsius which would be about 33 for those of you on Farhenheit.
    It has been just the crappiest day ever with high winds and either blowing snow or rain all day. We sat eating our Mother's Day lunch looking at the snow blowing outside the restaurant!
    Fortunately it hasn't cleared off yet like they said it would. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it stays cloudy and windy so no frost settles. I covered all of my hostas, some grasses, my tree peony and as many of my true lilies as I could. My daylilies are on their own I am afraid. Too many to even think about covering. Tomorrow night is supposed to be the same so I think I will just leave it all there.
    Here's hoping none of us get any frost tonight or tomorrow night!
    Debbie

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

They better find a new way to predict the witer being over, as that ground hog done got old and needs to be put out of its misery,since it cant predict it no more and even be half right.

jjean

• Julia WV (6b)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kay and Jean: LOL about the groundhog.
    No frost hit but we still have to get through tonight when another frost advisory is in effect. Today it will not get above low 50's today and the wind has calmed a bit but still feels so cold. Rest of the week we should be back up in the 60's/70's during the day and nighttime temps will remain above freezing. Keeping my fingers crossed we get through the next round.
    Hope everyone else had some good luck too.

Julia

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

They're calling for frost here tonite, quite a change from the gorgeous weather we had last 2 weeks. One of my daylilies had a scape and was then hit by frost, it now looks like it was praying for no more frost (didn't work!). We're supposed to be up into the 20's by mid week.

• swontgirl_z5a
    10 years ago

We did okay last night but I am still worried about tonight.
    Sorry you got hit Marg. I have a couple of scapes showing too. Must be left over from last year but I will be glad to see them if they survive tonight!
    Debbie

• silverkelt
    10 years ago

Though typically its frost free here by around the tenth.. its not so far removed from that date that I had planted anything to tender.. Whatever is up has already tasted frosts..

But I have to say , its really nippy out right now, 50 degrees is great in March.. but Mid May , with blowing wind feels cool, air is still sort of damp here as well.

• swontgirl_z5a
    10 years ago

Hurray - no frost here. In fact it seemed warmer last evening than the 2 previous. Hope everyone else did okay too.

We are so ready for some daylily blooms!

Debbie