Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Tuesday's tempting treats (photos)

shive
11 years ago

Here's what's drawing my attention on today's garden walk.

ORCHID ELEGANCE has very nice branching and bud count this time, plus some instant rebloom scapes emerging.

ANNABELLE's BLUSHing twins

A Lambertson trio of AERIAL APPLIQUE, BLUETHROAT and METALLIC BLUE EYES

The ffo on NEW PARADIGM was looking very butterscotchy.

GILDED BY GRACE - I finally have some blooms without bug munched holes on this one!

MOZAMBIQUE NIGHTS

More to come ...

Comments (18)

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

They are all beauties and your pictures are fabulous as always. The Lambertson trio is great and I like Gilded by Grace with the double edge, but I've got to go with Orchid Elegance as my favorite. It really is elegant and with that branching and bud count and instant rebloom it's definitely my kind of daylily.
    Val

• shive
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here are some more from today:

BOCA RATON, a new one from Dan Trimmer

CERISE BEAUTY

CRIMSON EDGINGS

WILD WOOKIE duo

PATRICIA SNIDER MEMORIAL foursome

That's all for now,

Debra

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Wow, you have real beauties again today. I like that butterscotch color you have there on NEW PARADIGM. I don't think it is usually that color. ORCHID ELEGANCE is just perfect though and is my choice for favorite.

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    11 years ago

Orchid Elegance is my favorite this time, followed closely by New Paradigm. They all look wonderful!

• linlily
    11 years ago

Beautiful pictures, Debra. It's hard to pick a favorite from all of those today. One that I've never seen closely before is your Patricia Snider Memorial. That is large flower, isn't it? And the contrasting colors are really striking. I think that one is my favorite for today.

Linda

• shive
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Linda - I've posted several photos of PSM because it always looks so good. It is a 7-inch flower.

Rita - You are right about New Paradigm's colors. I think the eye and edge are supposed to be burgundy - much darker than mine. The colors may be off because of the extreme heat we've had the past three days.

Debra

• Nancy
    11 years ago

Love the AERIAL APPLIQUE, BLUETHROAT and METALLIC BLUE EYES threesome! Crimson Edgings always catches my eye too.

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

I really like the Lambertson trio and the color and wntire effect onnew Paradigm, but the Patria snider Memorial group is just lovely.
    kay

• deangreen
    11 years ago

I like how Orch El is surrounded by the buds all around it. :)

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

well, you really got some gorgeous beauties today, but my favorite is CRIMSOM EDGINGS.

jean

• SheilaG1911
    11 years ago

Wow... I LOVE Guilded By Grace. What an awesome bloom!!

Sheila

• shive
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sheila - Gilded by Grace does have very nice blooms. I got it last fall, and it is blooming on short scapes this season. I look forward to seeing how it performs one it has settled in and matured.

Debra

• polymerous
    11 years ago

I think my favorite image is 'Orchid Elegance' (the only daylily on this thread that I also have!). I notice that you mentioned "instant rebloom"? I only had it a year or so before some helpers mistakenly dug and disposed of it; I just purchased it again, so I'll have to keep an eye out for that trait.

The edging on 'Crimson Edgings' really is... crimson. Wow. (Does it fade at all?)

• mizellie
    11 years ago

Debra, all beauties as usual. CERISE BEAUTY is the first to catch my attention but I had to scroll through again and picked ORCHID ELEGANCE. I always love Gilded By Grace. Mine seems darker!! Anyway, I am back where I started. Patricia Snyder Memorial is another choice. I just love that one..Ellie

• anniegolden
    11 years ago

Well,, these are all tempting treats for the eyes. So many of them are calling out 'pick me, pick me', but Orchid Elegance quietly steals the show in my opinion and is my favorite.
    Christine

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

All of them are very nice Debra. The trio of Lambertson's is very pretty.

Julia

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Great blooms I thought I could pick a favorite then I saw the next group and gave up all are beautiful.
    Linda

• shive
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Polymerous - I've had Orchid Elegance for four years, and this is the first year I've had any kind of rebloom on it. I don't think the instant rebloom is a regular trait. Four of the nine daylilies in that bed have instant rebloom. I think it's because that's one of the few beds I've watered regularly and fertilized. As for Crimson Edgings, I would call the edge on it a red lavender. It does not fade much, even on very hot days.

Ellie - When you say your GILDED BY GRACE is darker, do you mean the petal color or the eye and edge, or all three? The petal color was darker when it first started blooming. The eye and edge have looked the same in cool and hot temps.

Debra

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations