Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First daylily of season

Posted by deluxemoonpie 7b (My Page) on
Sun, May 19, 13 at 19:41

Daylily season has come to my house! Selma Rose bloomed 5/19. She isn't as pretty as always but we've had very wet weather and that makes her a little splotchy. 7 1/2 inch bloom on a 19 1/2 inch scape. 5 fans, 5 scapes. We are a week behind normal this year and 3 weeks behind last year (last year's spring was so hot we were two weeks ahead). She has often been my garden's first bloomer of the year.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First daylily of season

Hurray for the first daylily bloom!

o

Well, your first bloom is a very pretty one.Aint it axciting to get that first bloom of the season..I was so excited to see my first one.

Jean

o

Always excitement with the first blooms as you know that more will be coming. Scape hunting becomes a daily routine while weeding LOL.

Julia

o

I just saw a scape on my Selma Rose today, I always like the color of Selma & such a big flower. I've been seeing scapes just the past few days, lots more today after a big rain yesterday. Selma used to be my first "real" daylily bloom, but I've seen scapes on several, have to wait & see which actually blooms first.

o

Exciting to see the first one, and that is a pretty shade of pink. There will be more before you know it!! Avedon

o

What a pretty pink. I agree with everyone it's so exciting to get your first blooms.
Linda

o

That is a very pretty first bloom. Always a very good day.My seasons have been the same time frame as yours these two years.
kay

o

Kay,
I want to extend my season...have any other cultivars bloomed for you earlier this year? Although I like this DL I want something extra early... a bit greedy I guess.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here