Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Sunday in the garden.

newyorkrita
11 years ago

Clematis and honeysuckle along the southside rose garden.

Clematis blooms

Dutch Iris (back) and TB iris JUMPING JACK FLASH.

Unbelievable that tulips are still blooming.

And also Merlin Daffs.

{{gwi:663072}}

FRUIT PUNCH POPPIES

{{gwi:663073}}

Another

Meanwhile the daylilies grow lush after lots and lots of rain here this past week.

I had to resort to planting cucumber seedlings along the path in the backyard daylily garden as I had no where else to put them.

Didn't get a picture but I found scapes on VT FLAT GOLD a rather plain flowered extra early daylily I have here. So far it is the only one. Much too early, even for extra earlies.

Comments (10)

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Well everything is beautiful, as usual, Rita. It is an odd year with things blooming together that don't usually do that. I noticed Echinacea and iris blooming side by side today! Love that daff. And to poppies are to dir for.
    kay

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

I love them Clematis,especially the first one.but, they both aare gorgeous. and love the tulip, too, a strange color,but its gorgeous,too.Those daffs are really pretty, too,and the daylilies are really green.Is that scapes I see sticking up?Hope so.so,now you will be stepping over cucumbers. vines, huh.be care ful you dont trip in them...

Jean

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jean, no scapes shown there. Much too early. I really couldn't think of anywhere else to plant those cucumbers until I though of putting them along in there.

Kay, it really is the oddest spring yet. Things don't seem to know when they should be blooming.

• daylilyluver
    11 years ago

The mild winter and the early early warm up has sent me iris into blooming now. About 3 weeks too early. Don't usually see the TB bloom until then but had an Immortality bud open today as well as a Breakers.

• shive
    11 years ago

Those tulips are marvelous, and the clematis vines are glorious! Spring is lovely in your garden.

• anniegolden
    11 years ago

The fruit punch poppies are beautiful especially the delicate color of the second one combined with that dark center. The glowing lavender/blue clematis is also wonderful.
    Christine

• Nancy
    11 years ago

Those daffs seem to have lasted a long time & still look good. Tulips too for that matter, such very pretty ones. Come to think of it, I think what always took my tulips out was a spring storm, & we usually have plenty of those so tulips didn't last too long here. Peonies either, it's like as soon as a peony bloom opens, here comes a storm to knock it to the ground & scatter the petals.
    To go on, your clematis look great, & love those poppies.

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Everything is coming along nicely and your DL's certainly look very happy, won't be long now before we start to see your blooms.
    Linda

• katlynn719
    11 years ago

Rita, It looks like you're going to have an excellent year - everything is perfect!
    Kathy

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It seems like I just have so many lovely blooms this spring. I guess it is because lots of things are blooming earlier than normal. But I just do love spring. And adding the bulbs really made spring start extra early and keep on going into flower season.

I want to extend the tulip season for next year by adding more tulips from early to late. And the daffs are so marvelous this year. Started Feb 9th with the extra earlies and still blooming now with some late ones. Three months of daffs blooming somewhere along in the garden. When one batch was ending another batch would start up so the daffs just kept on going.