Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mizellie_gw

Confusion on Photobucket!

mizellie
10 years ago

They have made Photobucket so confusing. It was so simple last year and now I have to upload to one folder and move it to another so I don't get lost! I am going to try posting a photo of Breakfast Delight! It was a first bloom and was low also it doesn't usually bloom this early for me. It's the only one I have blooming so far. Jean, I know what you mean about the new way of posting photos... Ellie

Comments (14)

• mizellie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Someone tell me "how to" on the bucket! It really messes me up!! Ellie

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Ellie I have put in at least 20 hrs trying to post pictures with photo bucket.Have asked for help from them, and have not heard back,so I guess they don't give a care if you use it or not.I even tried to slide and drop the photos in the square,and that hasn't worked too well either. but,I sure wish you a lot of luck posting with photobucket.

jean

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

I am glad you got a bloom on it Ellie.

I am posting without trouble now, but have had half a dozen emails form tech support. It isn't fast on upload, but mine wasn't fast last year. I just start the upload on a batch and open another window on the computer and do something else while the pics upload. I like the edit function and the naming much better than before, at least
    kay

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Maybe this is what your looking for and how I do it.

When I log into Photobucket, a screen comes up with the following at the bar at the top: Home,Library,Connect, etc and the last one says Upload with a green arrow pointing upward.

Click on the Upload/green arrow and another screen comes up which is Upload to Photobucket.

BEFORE you start uploading there is a drop down menu on the upper left side just above the box that says "Drag n' Drop your Photos and Videos or Browse Files", click on the button/tab next to UPLOAD TO and a drop down menu will appear where you choose which album you want the photos to go to.

There is the option on that drop down menu "create new album". Once you have the album selected or created then start uploading.

It takes a little getting use to the new set up and before you know it, your a pro. LOL.

Julia

• mizellie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Julia, I'm not having trouble getting them uploaded to Photobucket, just trouble getting them to the Forum. That's my major problem...Thanx for answering me though.

Kay, you need to tell us how..

Jean, I knew you were having a problem, I just wanted to see for myself and it really stinks now...Ellie

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

To get the pictures from Photobucket to the forum, you click on the photo you want to put on the forum. There are then two boxes to the right of the photo. The top box has the HTML just as before (3rd entry) instead of clicking on the url, just click on HTML. Then go to the forum and do your regular (Ctrl) V. Bingo, The photo appears! The confusion (I had it to) is because we are accustomed to clicking on the url itself, not the words html.

kay

• mizellie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Kay, I figured it out but I sure do appreciate your help. I still think it's a bit slower than last year!! Ellie

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Sorry Ellie, I thought you were trying to upload to the right album.

There is a function where you can have all the "codes" show under the thumbnail photos in an album by turning on the "Easy Linking Mode". To do that, you go to User Settings, and click on the tab for Albums and then scroll down the page to where you see Easy Linking Mode. Check the box and then scroll down and SAVE the settings. When you return to your album, you will see thumbnails and below them are all the codes. At this point, you click on the code and use the copy and paste function from your keyboard/mouse to post on the forums.

I'm not sure why Photobucket did not make it automatic that it would copy the code once you click on it. I have that question into their tech support.

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Glad you have photobucket figured out now because I'm looking forward to seeing more of your photos this season. Even though Breakfast Delight bloomed low she still is gorgeous.
    Linda

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

I would call this one delightful for all meals--LOL. Avedon

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Julia; I just tried following your instrutions to upload photos to photobucket and still have same problem,CAN NOT upload photos to it,I click browse files and do my photos which ones I want to upload, but, then that's as far as I can get.still can not upload them..

jean

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Sorry to hijack your thread Ellie.
    Jean: Sorry to hear that. Have you tried contact the tech support? If you are browsing your pics, choosing the ones you want to upload and then you click on the "Open" button, it should start to load to Photobucket.

BTW, the response I got from tech support on the issue of why we can't just click on a photo and have it copy like it did before is below. Made me laugh as I think the speed is much slower now than previously.

May 24 09:05 am (MDT)
    Hi Julia,

The one click copy option was removed to improve speeds on the album page. It requires java to enable that for each image, and with that much java running on the page, the one click copy would bog down the album page and make it slow for all users, and possibly unusable for some.
    I do not believe there are plans to add that option back. The one click copy will only be available when viewing an image in full.
    Thank you,
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Danny@Photobucket Support

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Julia. bLESS your heart, You have solved my problem with this silly photobucket.I could go and pick out the photos I wanted to upload, but, that's as far as I could get,I could not get them to upload to photobucket.I wrote to the for help and never heard back from them,and have tried every day to do it and getting more frustrated every day, but this last comment you made,I just went and tried that, thinking I still wont be able to do it,but, to my surprise, it uploaded the ones I chose.THANK YOU I figured it had to be some thing simple and it was.You said after browsing the photos and picking which ones you want to upload, then,click on OPEN and it should start uploading.That is the one thing I was not doing was clicking on open after I chose the photos,and I thought when you said click on open it wouldn't work as I already had the file open, but,I followed your instrutions and it WORKS. or it did this time anyway.We shall see tomorrow when I try to upload photos again, but,I just bet its going to work for me now.I just knew it had to be some thing simple I was doing or not doing.THANK YOU!!!!!

jean

• mizellie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Julia. Don't worry about Hijacking. I have no problem!

Linda, even though it was low, it had a really nice bloom for it's first ..Thank you!

Hahaha!! Avedon, are you gonna eat it???

Julia, seems he doesn't use the Photobucket much or he would know that it's slower this way!

Yay Jean!! Looking for many photo's tomorrow!!

Thank you all !! Ellie

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?