Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hard Work and Results of same

Posted by organic_kitten 7 (My Page) on
Sun, May 6, 12 at 20:34

Remember the pile of mulch I said was left from the tree we had cut down?

Photobucket

Well I got into it after weeding part of the garden for the third time! The silly mulch was really hot, almost charred at the top (spontaneous combustion, anyone?)

Almost 6 hours of weeding, Putting out Preen and mulching gave me one nice area with a few daylilies. I shouldn't have to weed this again for a while.

Photobucket

Photobucket

kay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hard Work and Results of same

That looks really nice,kayand a lot of work to get it looking so nice.Your gardens are really pretty.

Jean

o

Jean, I'm just showing the part I've finished...a long way to go, but thank you so much for the encouragement, it helps.
kay

o

Gosh Kay, that is one big pile of mulch. But the garden sure does look great all weeded and mulched. It just makes everything look so neat and spiffy. Great job.

o

Great to get some free mulch. That stuff can be expensive. The mulch looks good with the stones.

o

Thank you Mantis. I am wishing I had had them put another big load at the back...they did put a smaller lead of finer mulch from the trimming in the on the other two big trees in the back...I plan to use that around the roses. I have never put down mulch that it wasn't hard work, but nothing makes the garden look neater (and for longer) to me than when it is nicely weeded and mulched.

kay

o

It is work, but it saves work in the long run, doesn't it? Everything looks really good, & always good to get free mulch. I guess it really wasn't free though, was it.
Talking about hot mulch, a few years ago they put down mulch at work, like they do every spring. I went out a day or 2 later, really hot weather. The mulch was in flames. I ran in & got some water. Got it put out & called the maintenance people. Went back out just a few minutes later & there were flames again in a spot a couple of feet away. I don't know if someone tossed out a cigarette, or it just got that hot, since it was in 2 different spots.

o

Your beds look great though I don't envy you the hard work that went into it, it was in the 90's here on Sunday so I only spent a hour or so out weeding. It seems the older I get the less I want to be out in the heat.
Linda

o

Kay, Everything looks wonderful! I know it was a lot of work, but it was worth it.
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here