Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ngraham_gw

Blooms!

Nancy
9 years ago

Kokomo Sunset actually bloomed yesterday, a day earlier than Stella & Ming Toy. Got it a couple of years ago at Lowes, claimed it was better rebloomer than Stella. Last year I wasn't impressed at all, no rebloom, & really too short. It looks a bit better this year, we'll see how well it blooms. It is certainly getting an early start.

Ming Toy bloomed today!

Look what else I got!

Comments (10)

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

Ming Toy is looking good, and those kittens are adorable! what are their names?

kay

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

Nice opening blooms for the garden and great additions to your household! Are they siblings?

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

Nancy;They are very pretty,especially MING TOY. love the color. also like that kitten that's trying to hide.its adorable.I have a grey tabby cat that sems to have chosen my yard as its new home, but,I been bringing it some dry cat food to eat.I don't like to see cats and kittens go hungry.it brought a black kitten along about 3 weeks ago to get some dinner, too.Then they both disappeared for 2 weeks and I figured they either decided to go back home,whereever home is at, or got killed some where, but, out of the blue, the kitten showed up again yesterday and again today, begging for something to eat,and I fed it, and today, the mama cat came back, too. along with the kitten.I have a idea that in a couple more weeks, the female will bring another kitten along with her.I am not going to adopt another cat, though. or let another one in my house either. last year my yard and the house, too was loaded with fleas.I have finally got rid of all of them and don't want to do battle with them again.

jean

• Nancy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ming Toy is always a cute little thing & a good bloomer.
    I lost a favorite cat last year, still have an elderly cat She's 20 now, I've been putting off getting a kitten because she is so grouchy. She has never liked cats, even hated her sibling when he was alive, doesn't really care for me except she needs me :) I've decided to go ahead & get a pair of kittens, & hopefully keep them separated from her. I had been watching the Humane Society web site to see what they had, & they never showed kittens. Finally I spotted a few & went there yesterday. They had a LOT of kittens, & several young cats that seemed so nice. I wanted them all, but I chose these 2. Yes, they are siblings. I still haven't given them names. They were playing Mellow Yellow on the radio, so that is a possibility, but you know that would get shortened to Mel. I think of Mel on the old TV show Alice, & just can't do that to him. Any suggestions?

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Shy, sweet kittens, but bold daylily colors.

• shive
    9 years ago

I can't believe you have blooms before I do this year! I think my Stellas started blooming today, but I didn't notice the bloom until near dark. I like Kokomo Sunset and have heard others say it's a blooming machine. The kittens are just adorable. I love the white paws on the little orange guy. How old are these babies?

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

Such lucky kittens. It's hard to name kittens, although after you do, years later you can come up with 50 names you could have used. The ginger cat, if it's a male, could be named after Prince Harry (also a ginger) if you are into such things............I like Ming Toy alot. Another stand out color......Maryl

• Nancy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Selma Rose, Happy Returns, Little Audrey & Little Rosy Cloud are blooming today, but I waited til it was too hot to get a picture. It is hard to believe I have daylilies blooming before you, Debra. Stellas are going full blast today.
    Still haven't come up with names for the kittens. Prince Harry might work, might be Prince hairy :) Thinking about Mocha for the other one, I do love my food.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

LOL on Prince Hairy. That's cute. I like Mocha too. Even if you name them Fred and Ethel Mertz the important part has been done when you adopted them. They have a forever home.........Maryl

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Now I know the name of the daylily that caught my eye in a commercial planting. Is this not Kokomo Sunset? It ages well, turning a lighter yellow.