Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some seedlings to catch up!!

Posted by mizellie z7 Al (My Page) on
Thu, May 24, 12 at 21:26

I hope I haven't posted any of these photo's but if I have, please bare with me. I have several...Ellie

First time to bloom ever and I like it.. She/it looks in form like Heavenly Curls..

Photobucket

This is a second bloom on this one. I like it too!!

Photobucket

FFO on this one..

Photobucket

I think this one is going to be special..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

FFO .. I think this one has a lot going on..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

See how large this one is?

Photobucket

I do like this little double..

Photobucket

I have 2 clumps of this beside my house! I call it Pumpkin Patch because it's that color..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sab Baur baby again..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

That's not all but it's the best ones...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some seedlings to catch up!!

What a lot of pretty babies! My favorites are Something Superb X Grandma's Smile, Sabine Bauer X Festive Art, Seedling X Heavenly Curls, and SGTR15L.

Debra

o

Wow! I couldn't even try to name a favorite, they're all so perfect! You're really good at making them. I think they're all pretty special.

o

For me there really is one seedling that stands out. I love #6 EdBR X Inh We. It seems that the commercial hybridizers are going for the round bagel shape, but on this seedling I love the pointy petals, and she looks almost like a bitone (?), and I love the delicate beaded gold edge. Very pretty.
Christine

o

Wow Debra, you had a lot of favorites. Some of these are first timers so I have to wait and see but I really like the Heav Curls seedling.SGTR15L is really a nice clear red.

Brittie, it's a slap dash cross for me. Some folks plan them but I don't. I used Inherited Wealth and Spacecoast Starburst a lot because it's my first crosses that went well for me. Not so much now though because I have such a variety to chose from..

You are right Christine. This is a first year for that one and I don't know what next year will bring but it's exciting...

Thanks for your replies ladies...Ellie

o

Goodness is all I could utter when scrolling through the pics of your seedlings. Several of them could come live here ;-).

Julia

o

Too many favorites here. Very pretty seedlings you have going.

o

Good Grief, Ellie, I can hardly believe what I am seeing. Your seedlings are stunning. Took me awhile, but I think I will give a nod to the first seedling, the Heavenly Curls cross, I think the color of your double is lovely, like the color of the cheerful "Pumpkin Patch" and your red is awfully pretty. Then there's the Sabine Bauer baby I laughingly call "Pink Eye" and maybe my favorite, Sabine Bauer x Festive Art. I think you have made some super crosses, and hope they all turn out well. Avedon

o

WOW great looking seedlings, I like the Saubine Bauer's the best.
Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here