Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jean_ar

my first daylily bloom of 2013

jean_ar
10 years ago

and out of at least 10 photos of it, this was the best one, which really not any good either.The sun was up bright when I found it,and I could not see with the camera to get a decent photo. going to need some practice, plus get out side before the sun gets up when they start blooming.Hopefully my next photo will be better.

Comments (17)

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Jean, I think it is a great picture and a lovely bloom. Congrats on your first daylily bloom of the year.

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Looking really good, Jean. Know you are excited to have that first bloom. Avedon

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Beautiful picture, Jean. And so it starts.
    kay

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

OH thank you RITA.I must have had the zoom on it too,its not a perfect photo, but that bloom was pretty near a perect bloom.

AVEDON; yes,I am very excited to see this first bloom.And its timed right too, the day before Mothers day. a wonderful gift for me to have my first bloom of this year.

KAY. Thank you,happy Mother's day, kay.I got my gift today with this first bloom :)

jean

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Nice photo Jean and now your on your way to seeing more blooms. :-).

Julia

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Looks like a perfect picture to me Kay, a beautiful first bloom! Just enough ruffle & lovely color.
    And so it starts for you now. I saw a scape yesterday on Little Rosy Cloud & the common Stella. If I hadn't been weeding & so close I wouldn't have seen them, just barely coming out. Still, won't be long now.

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

I think the picture is great Jean. It just shows a close up of the throat. Do I see a green throat at the back? Beautiful daylily. Love the color. Marg

• houstmag
    10 years ago

WOW you have a really nice one for your first bloom. I know how hard it is to get a good photo when the sun is up, what helps me is that I grow mine in pots and I have a shady spot on the side of the house that I move mine to when I want to take a photo.
    Linda

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

That's a beauty! I think the photo is quite good. I love the ruffling and the color.

Celeste

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

I think it's a great shot of a very pretty daylily. That mauve with a yellow going to green throat is pretty as can be. Hooray for the first bloom. Won't be long now and we will be seeing loads of Wonder of it all in your posts........Maryl

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

HAHAHA MaryL, You learnt me last spring, didn't you with WONDER OF IT ALL. I DO LOVE THAT DAYLILY.I am so sorry I wore every one out last spring with all my photos o f that glorgeous bloom. I promise I will TRY to do better this year.well,I do have some other daylilies I love almost as much, too that has a few scapes and buds already.C:LOWN PARADE has a couple scapes and buds now, and cant think of that other one I love, some thing about MARKETPLACE is all I can remember right now.

Celeste,,Linda, thank you for the nice comments, Linda, about half of mine are in pots.They are easier to take care of in pots, don't you think? but they dry out ffaster.
    Julia, nancy, and marg.Thank you for looking and the kind comments on my first daylily bloom of the year.
    Today,I had a bloom on a stella, but, didn't take a picture of it... Today, my young daughter that paid for a perm for mothers day gift for me yesterday, came back today with 2 dozen red roses, they are were just beautiful.., hope every one had a wonderful mothers day.

jean

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Jean, I hope your Malaysian Marketplace is cranking out scapes like ours is. It is so pretty. What nice gifts you got for Mother's Day, you should take a photo of your roses and post it. Avedon

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Avedon.I never even thought to take a picture of my 2 dozen red roses. I will check, maybe they would still be ok for a photo.They don't last a real long time in a vase.I guess why I didn't think of it is because my upper back and ribs and chest at times is hurting really bad most of the day..hard to just move, much less to do some thing.

Jean

• shive
    10 years ago

Your first bloom had a perfect opening! Very pretty!

• ilovemyroses
    10 years ago

Sooooo pretty!! I am putting this one on my list! Still trying to find good sources of locally strong DL. Where do you buy yours?

• bigred
    10 years ago

Nice! I have lots of bloom stalks but no blooms yet.

P

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

ilovemyroses ;This daylily was a gift sent to me a couple years ago. I have bought a few daylilies from Wilds in Misouri.But most of my daylilies were gifts sent to me.But,I know a lot of them was purchased at Maryotts in California.

Jean

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!