Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenofeden777

Garden shots, projects, legs & of course daylilies!

gardenofeden777
10 years ago

Kay here are some leg shots for you! Maybe we can divert your attention from the pretty faces for a few moments. lol
It seems I'm about a week or less away from FFO on

GOLDEN ZEBRA so pretty the hybridizer patented it! The foliage never reverts like some others can but stays beautiful all season.

Comments (17)

• gardenofeden777
    Original Author
    10 years ago

A noid that took 3 years to bloom. But the whole time it kept multiplying like crazy. Reblooms of and on all year. The year it bloomed it was going to be shovel pruned, it shaped up. Patience does pay off (sometimes). Really red today, it was rainy & cool. On warmer sunnier days it looks a bit like Crimson Pirate's color. 12" tall 5" bloom so cute.

• gardenofeden777
    Original Author
    10 years ago

HOT LAVA on probation already... Not sure if I like this one...

• gardenofeden777
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kwanso variegated from earlybirds. I have this one in about 7-8 places and this one has the prettiest variegation. That green fan I believe is leftover from when I moved Crimson Pirate. It doesn't want to move! I'll add that to my 4 page to do list...(again) lol The soil here in this garden is somewhat acidic.

• gardenofeden777
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Bearded Iris CANADIAN STREAKER and I wonder how it can be so healthy, it is almost all white. Pic is true to color. Bud will open to reveal a white flower. The flower is a bonus as this is for foliage. And yes, that is a nandina but does not set seed & is very dwarf. It has been in that spot for over 2 years. Grows very slowly. Exactly what I wanted.

• gardenofeden777
    Original Author
    10 years ago

A garden shot of the bed with CANADIAN STREAKER in it. I call this my Pocket Garden. It's small 9' x 6' Originally 6 years ago only the purple barberry was there. And it doesn't set seed either. And slowly I started expanding the area into another small bed. I can't expand it anymore because a small path is on all 4 sides.

• gardenofeden777
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Same garden, the other end. This garden has a lot of plants in it that are earmarked for relocation. It originally was supposed to be a mini conifer garden. And it was full, but it takes a lot of losses to actually find which ones will thrive here. I got impatient and planted some other things in it. I have decided to add another dwarf Japanese maple. The only one that I have is Jeddeloh Orange and it is here in my Pocket Garden. Doesn't it look lonely?! Well then I shall set out on a quest to find it a companion! lol If any of you have any suggestions for ones you grow & love please do tell. :-)

• gardenofeden777
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Close up of Japanese Maple JEDDELOH ORANGE It has been there about 3-4 years.

• gardenofeden777
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is my xeric garden. It is in the shape of an L So all of my descriptions to help you picture what I'm showing you will be in reference to the L. This pic is the bottom left part of the L . Part of my plants that are waiting for their final resting place. I am going to move them and finish weeding the bed soon...

• gardenofeden777
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is the top of the L

• gardenofeden777
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The center of the L, just planted that palm and removed a yucca that wasn't happy in the ground there. Lots of weeds & flowers have seated themselves in there. A major weeding project that will be started next week sometime.

• gardenofeden777
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is an expantion of the xeric garden with rocks laid out to see if I like the design. It will make this garden huge so a walking path of maybe white marble chips will wind thru it. Newspaper and more white sand will be added to the garden (the completed part) again after weeding it. The garden in the distance is not complete either. :-/

• gardenofeden777
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I will show a few more of my gardens within a few days. This was time consuming. :-)

Rena'

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Well Rena, you foliage is very pretty. I especially like the Golden Zebra and the Canadian White is very unique.

Your Hot Lava bloom is very pretty! I have it nd like it, but sometimes a bloom just doesn't please.

Good grief! I'm tired from just looking at all your projects! I have one of my own, but it is waiting until the last little bit of my weeding and mulching is finished. It looks as if you have lots of weeding to do. I feel for you. Oh well, a gardener is always working and often changing things.

kay

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

The variegated Kwanso is very striking! Keep us posted on how it grows.

• gardenofeden777
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kay, all the weeds had a convention and decided to all come live at my house! lol There are some weeds in the cactus garden no doubt but mostly it is coreopsis, that stuff goes crazy seeding heavily everywhere! I decided to show my weedy before pics because when I was a new gardener it encouraged me to see others before and after pics. To see with perseverance and diligence the weed less (or mostly) garden is attainable. Obviously these are the befores and the afters will be ummm... later (just not committing to how much later)? lol

I should complete one project before moving to another I know...

I love the Canadian Streaker. It has only been here since last fall. I hope it continues to do good. And just in case, I went to Blue J.'s and ordered several more 2 days ago so if it croaks I have back ups. lol

Mantis that is the prettiest brightest variegation on that particular Kwanso, I'm really thinking it's the soil in that garden.

Thank y'all for lookin' & commenting!

This is a (? x johnsonii) My favorite amaryllis hands down out of 30+.

• shive
    10 years ago

I love your plants with varigated foliage. I knew there were a few daylilies, but I've never heard of the Streaker iris. I may have to look into adding that one. I can see how that white foliage would help make a garden pop year round.

Debra

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Your garden is very nice.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!