Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jean_ar

couple new ones today.

jean_ar
10 years ago

I didn't get up and go out to take photos this morning.didnt feel up to it.But Went out about 7 tonight to see if they was burnt up yet,and I found they really didn't look that bad after being in the hot sun all day. was 87 here today. So I took the camera out and took photos of them. This fist one is a bright orange one,and the tag is gone, but,I remember the name of it, just don't remember how to spell it :))

Comments (18)

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well, now,I didn't look at whats next in my file.

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I hope I am not mKING TOO BIG OF A MISTAKE HERE. sorry about the caps, I went out with the camera, didn't write a single name down, did it all for memory after I came back in,didnt look at a name tag while I was snapping pictures either, was just hoping I was right about them all.

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

after being in hot sun all day.

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This one can take the heat and still be beautiful

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I think the sun got to this one a little.

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I didn't look to see which one was next, but my memory on how I was taking the photos,I think this next one is peekaboo

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

oh didn't look to see which one is next, but will guess its paper butterfly.I should look on my file to see, but forgot. but yep it was and also the last one..now,am going to take my meds and go to bed.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

They really took the sun very well, Jean. Malaysian Marketplace is my favorite of them.
    kay

• shive
    10 years ago

You have a lot blooming now! My favorites are Wonder of it All and Malaysian Marketplace. Those two look terrific after a hot day! I had some Stellas open today, so I guess the daylily season has begun here. I don't expect any of the larger daylilies to open for at least four or five more days.

Debra

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

Now it's officially daylily season. Jean's beautiful Wonder of It all is strutting it's stuff. It really does so well for you Jean, you must give it some extra TLC........ Being a yellow fan, I also like Gold Kissed with those nice ruffles, and Palace Garden Beauty is just that - a beauty......Nice group today.......Maryl

• houstmag
    10 years ago

All are beautiful for being out in the sun all day especially Wonder Of It All what a great daylily.
    Linda

• silverkelt
    10 years ago

I agree Wonder of it all looks fantastic even after a days heat.. Ive always found that creamy yellows look fairly good even a days heat.. just fades a little, but still nice.

Thank you for sharing! I still cant believe people have daylilies lol. Its another good 4-5 weeks here.

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Wonder Of It All is just beautiful for you.

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

OH, Wonder Of It All is blooming. I know we are going to be seeing lots of this one--it is a terrific bloomer for you, lots of flowers. How is Malaysian Marketplace doing in the bud count? Ours is already bloomed out, think we had about 20 flowers. I hope there will be a rebloom some time. Gold Kissed is very eye catching. Avedon

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Gold Kissed was a bummer here. Still waiting to see how well Malaysian M does here, but yours looks good. I'd be delighted if MM had 20 buds here, but it hasn't come near that yet.

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kay, Wonder of it All is still my very favorite daylily, I so love that bloom.I read a post on here some time ago where the person said they was in love,, with a daylily, well,its how I feel about this daylily.I just absolutely love that daylily, and then Malaysian marketplace comes in right after that, then Clown Parade..They are so special to me..Just beautiful.
    THANK YOU debra. I love them two blooms too. I have some stellas blooming today, too. They are always first to bloom, but not this year they wasn't.
    MARYL. I do give wonder of it all extra TLC. IT gets checked every morning to give it plenty of water.and boy does it love that water.It also got a little hand of fertilizer yesterday, too. Hope them TORNADOS stayed clear of where you are at today.
    LInDAsilverkelt Thank you, for looking and the comments.
    RITA> that daylily loves it here,I think,and I am happy that it does, as I Love it, too.
    AVEDON> cant say a lot about M.M. yet since

jean

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

I'll bet you are enjoying all those blooms. That bloom of Wonder of it All is perfect. I hope mine opens better this year. It doesn't like my climate as much as yours and I only get a few good blooms but when they open well they are drop-dead gorgeous. My favorite of these is Gold Kissed.

Celeste

• kathy9norcal
    10 years ago

Jean, it is good to find you again. Your daylilies and photos are great. You must have a wonderful garden!