Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For Susan

Posted by brigarif Lahore Pakistan (My Page) on
Sat, May 10, 14 at 23:09

RE: Daylilies 2014

Posted by susanan z5 CT (My Page) on Thu, May 8, 14 at 21:16
Arif, Is there any chance of posting pictures of your gardens? Are your lilies planted with other flowering plants, or are they in beds of their own? You have some beautiful lilies and I hope the temperatures will stay cool enough for you to harvest some seed this year. The possibilities are endless. Regards, Susan

Hello Susan
Last year you also asked for it, here it is.

I am an old man in eighties and my passions are My Grandchildren, My Garden and Golf

My home is a garden; to give you an idea of my haven, let me take you on its tour without a time barrier.
The entrance

The porch

The drive

East face of the house

North face

North wall

North West corner

East boundary

Day lily bed

Crinum bed

Hippeastrum bed

Pancratium bed

Annual beds ( keep varying every year)

Some of my perennials

My Birds

And my companion, who shares my bed room, wakes me up before sun rise and forces me to go and sit in the garden, we enjoy the life, walking on the dew covered grass, admiring the flowers and listening to the birds, living free in the garden and the caged ones until the call for the breakfast.

Here are pictures of today,

I hope now you know me better
Love and Regards
Arif

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For Susan

Dear Arif, Many thanks for the tour of your gardens. I had no idea Pakistan was so lush and verdant; on a dewy morning the scents must be intoxicating. Aren't you a fortunate man to be living among so much beauty...and wise enough to be grateful for it. Regards, Susan

o

Beautiful! Love the hippeastrum bed and annuals bed especially. Pretty birds!

o

such beautiful gardens. thank you for sharing them. wonderful eye candy.

o

• Posted by babera 5a (Montana) (My Page) on
    Tue, May 13, 14 at 23:37

Your flowers are stunning. . . but what amazes me more is a man of your age being so tech savvy. . . my Grandmother is your age and she doesn't even know how to turn on a computer. . . keep the pics coming, so enjoyable.

o

Thanks for the tour of your beautiful gardens, and for including the photos of your animals, too. Everything looks so exotic and colorful. I love the photo of the annual beds. Please post more photos when you have the time.

o

Gorgeous. Do you know what variety of iris you are growing. Lahore is hotter than Houston so if you can grow, so should I. Again, gorgeous.

o

Dear Bossyvossy, Louisiana iris available in all colours is the most successful.

o

Posted by babera 5a (Montana) (My Page) on Tue, May 13, 14 at 23:37
Your flowers are stunning. . . but what amazes me more is a man of your age being so tech savvy. .

Man of my age can still win golf matches, a few of my latest trophies

God is Great
Arif

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here