Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katladie

Hopefully I'm Back

katladie
10 years ago

The last 3 years have been a real roller coaster ride. Teen daughter gave me a grand, who is a real little blessing. Cancer took my oldest brother. My DH and I cared for him for 15 months. That left us with my crippled Mom to care for without his help. Now she has fallen and is in a nursing home, after we cared for her for 12 years. My flower beds and whole yard have been badly neglected, but I am slowly reclaiming everything. I have daylilies blooming, hooray. When I find my darn camera cord I will be posting pictures. Hopefully I can stay on a kind of even keel for a while and hang out more..... Sharon

Comments (10)

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Bless your heart, Sharon. So glad you are able to start gardening again and that your life is beginning to settle. so sorry for the troubles that have kept you away.

I look forward to seeing your pictures. Remember, even though you want to do it ll at once, your bod will have to work up to long stints of gardening, but it will get there. Welcome Back.
    kay

• swontgirl_z5a
    10 years ago

I sure hope your life is going to give you back some time for yourself. We aren't called the sandwich generation for nothing! I am glad you have found your garden again. Take care of yourself for a while! You deserve it!
    Debbie

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Welcome back, and perhaps now things will settle down and you can get back to working in your garden. Do take Kay's advice and go slowly at first. Those aches and pains are not fun!! May you have many beautiful flowers in the future to enjoy and please do post them so we can share with you. Avedon

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Oh Sharon, I am so sorry for your problems and sorrous. Hopefully the garden can give you some peace and beauty to enjoy. Please do stick around, we miss you on the forum.

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Glad to see you posting again Sharon but sorry to read of your family issues. Take things one day at a time and don't get overwhelmed with garden tasks.

Do post pics of your daylily blooms. Here in the north, it will be a few months yet before we kick into daylily bloom season.

Julia

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Sharon, Am so sorry you have had all that to do, but, you had a little help for a little while.I been there too, with a husband and a mother to care for, but, now I try to injoy my garden when the body will let me,Hope you find that cord so you can post pictures again.

jean

• katladie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone, it is good to be back here. I am physically fit bc of my job, I lift heavy boxes all day and am on my feet walking, so the garden chores are a pleasure on my day off. I am headed outside now to plant some Angel Trumpets, Hardy Hibiscus, and an assortment of other things. And of course to admire my few daylily blooms. I have a ton of spikes and should be in peak bloom in about 3 to 4 weeks. Hopefully the camera cord will turn up by then, lol.... Sharon

• shive
    10 years ago

Welcome back! Good luck finding that camera cord. Please post a photo of your grandbaby as well as the daylilies.

Debra

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

oh goodness, would love to see photos of the angel trumpets when you have blooms..

jean

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Yes, please find you cord or if necessary buy a new one. we want to see pictures!

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths