Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Sunday's glamour shots

shive
11 years ago

WISLEY - This is the ffo on a bonus I got from Floyd Cove three years ago when I bought Crimson Edgings. I can't believe it's taken this long to bloom and is still just one fan.

SCARLET ORBIT - This oldie is an excellent red until afternoon when it fades somewhat (especially when temps are in the mid 90s!)

INIMITABLE is very large and round!

CERISE BEAUTY finally ready for a glamour shot. The thrips seem to love this color, but the spray seems to be working on this one.

WINTER TREASURE

CERULEAN WARBLER foursome

CERULEAN WARBLER single

DESTINED TO SEE

NATALIE ANTOINETTE

MOZAMBIQUE NIGHTS

CROCODILE SMILE

Columbus perched atop some landscaping stones

Debra

Comments (16)

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Beautiful photographs as always Debra. Wisley may be slow, but it is lovely. And Cerulean Warbler is so lovely, especially the grouping. I really like that bloom. Cerise Beauty, Destined to See...so many it is hard to choose...I think I like Wisley the best, but Columbus is a close second. How intelligent he looks.
    kay

• deangreen
    11 years ago

that first one's really nice, I'm going to google and see if it's diploid. :)

• anniegolden
    11 years ago

Glamour shots, indeed. I have a red (well, almost), white and blue trio of favorites for this Memorial Day: Cerise Beauty, Winter Treasure and Cerulean Warbler.
    Christine

• Nancy
    11 years ago

Wisley is really pretty, I hope it takes off for you soon. Let me see, I also like Cerise Beauty, Cerulean Warbler, & Crocodile Smile. Great photos.

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Love all of your blooms especially Cerulean Warbler which would be my favorite. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that can have plants take three years to bloom with no increases, I have quite a few of them. Columbus looks ready to explore the world in this photo and she is my absolute favorite of this group of photos.
    Linda

• shive
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sorry Dean, Wisley is a tet. Stamile converted the diploid Swedish Girl to produce it.

Nancy - Wisley doesn't do a lot for me. But I'd like to use in hybridizing for a ruffly round one with those colors, or a UF.

Debra

• marricgardens
    11 years ago

My favorites are Cerise Beauty, Cerulean Warbler and Winter Treasure. I had Mozambique Nights ordered but they were sold out so they substituted Glass Bead Game instead. Your sentinel Columbus is so cute! Marg

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

well, I dont know which one I like best, since they all so gorgeous,I especially like te slow bloomer, 1st one.Cloumbus is # 1, beauty.he/she is so pretty.

jean

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Columbus is my favorite and Scarlett Orbit. I love that shocking red.

• shive
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Rita - Scarlett Orbit is a pretty red with great color. It's planted where it doesn't get enough sun or water, but it keeps blooming anyway.

Debra

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    11 years ago

Winter Treasure and Columbus are my picks today. :)

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

SCARLET ORBIT is so red. Wow. All nice pics.

Julia

• Cindy zone 6a
    11 years ago

Cerulean Warbler is a pretty daylily. Love your shot of Columbus. Wasn't he part of a family of kittens that you had? Sure is all grown up.
    cindy

• sann777
    11 years ago

brittie and I are of the same mind - Winter Treasure is a beauty and Columbus couldn't be prettier. Sarah

• maximus7116
    11 years ago

Cerise Beauty sure does look glamorous. That's my pick of the group. I think you may be on to something with thrips seeming to like the rosy colored daylilies. I hardly ever get an unblemished bloom from that color group.

• katlynn719
    11 years ago

Debra, Your photos are always such a pleasure! WINTER TREASURE looks refreshing, despite the heat. And Columbus looks calm and self assured.
    Kathy