Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sunday's glamour shots

Posted by shive 6b TN (My Page) on
Sun, May 27, 12 at 23:19

WISLEY - This is the ffo on a bonus I got from Floyd Cove three years ago when I bought Crimson Edgings. I can't believe it's taken this long to bloom and is still just one fan.

SCARLET ORBIT - This oldie is an excellent red until afternoon when it fades somewhat (especially when temps are in the mid 90s!)

INIMITABLE is very large and round!

CERISE BEAUTY finally ready for a glamour shot. The thrips seem to love this color, but the spray seems to be working on this one.

WINTER TREASURE

CERULEAN WARBLER foursome

CERULEAN WARBLER single

DESTINED TO SEE

NATALIE ANTOINETTE

MOZAMBIQUE NIGHTS

CROCODILE SMILE

Columbus perched atop some landscaping stones

Debra

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sunday's glamour shots

Beautiful photographs as always Debra. Wisley may be slow, but it is lovely. And Cerulean Warbler is so lovely, especially the grouping. I really like that bloom. Cerise Beauty, Destined to See...so many it is hard to choose...I think I like Wisley the best, but Columbus is a close second. How intelligent he looks.
kay

o

that first one's really nice, I'm going to google and see if it's diploid. :)

o

Glamour shots, indeed. I have a red (well, almost), white and blue trio of favorites for this Memorial Day: Cerise Beauty, Winter Treasure and Cerulean Warbler.
Christine

o

Wisley is really pretty, I hope it takes off for you soon. Let me see, I also like Cerise Beauty, Cerulean Warbler, & Crocodile Smile. Great photos.

o

Love all of your blooms especially Cerulean Warbler which would be my favorite. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that can have plants take three years to bloom with no increases, I have quite a few of them. Columbus looks ready to explore the world in this photo and she is my absolute favorite of this group of photos.
Linda

o

Sorry Dean, Wisley is a tet. Stamile converted the diploid Swedish Girl to produce it.

Nancy - Wisley doesn't do a lot for me. But I'd like to use in hybridizing for a ruffly round one with those colors, or a UF.

Debra

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Mon, May 28, 12 at 8:38

My favorites are Cerise Beauty, Cerulean Warbler and Winter Treasure. I had Mozambique Nights ordered but they were sold out so they substituted Glass Bead Game instead. Your sentinel Columbus is so cute! Marg

o

well, I dont know which one I like best, since they all so gorgeous,I especially like te slow bloomer, 1st one.Cloumbus is # 1, beauty.he/she is so pretty.

jean

o

Columbus is my favorite and Scarlett Orbit. I love that shocking red.

o

Rita - Scarlett Orbit is a pretty red with great color. It's planted where it doesn't get enough sun or water, but it keeps blooming anyway.

Debra

o

Winter Treasure and Columbus are my picks today. :)

o

SCARLET ORBIT is so red. Wow. All nice pics.

Julia

o

Cerulean Warbler is a pretty daylily. Love your shot of Columbus. Wasn't he part of a family of kittens that you had? Sure is all grown up.
cindy

o

brittie and I are of the same mind - Winter Treasure is a beauty and Columbus couldn't be prettier. Sarah

o

Cerise Beauty sure does look glamorous. That's my pick of the group. I think you may be on to something with thrips seeming to like the rosy colored daylilies. I hardly ever get an unblemished bloom from that color group.

o

Debra, Your photos are always such a pleasure! WINTER TREASURE looks refreshing, despite the heat. And Columbus looks calm and self assured.
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here