Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jean_ar

couple more photos

jean_ar
10 years ago

geez, this photo bucket is a pain in the rear this year,and I am thinking I wont be able to post any photos this year,I tried the drop method again, since I can not make the other upload work, and it took me over 2 hrs just to get 4 photos in it,and might be only 3.get one photo in it,and I got a darn commercial blasting that I cant get rid of and after getting one photo in, the window closes and I cant get any more in it,and have to go back and start all over again,its a darn pain, don't know why they couldn't leave it alone while it worked great last year. anyway maybe I can get them 3 photos here, now.Today Belinda's dream is in full bloom and is so pretty,so just had to try to share its photo.

This rose was planted back in 1970.

love this one too,

well,lost a rose some where. had one of Nicole but cant find it now,

oh well,I give up on this crazy photobucket

jean

Comments (10)

• timberohio
    10 years ago

Sorry you are having trouble with Photobucket. The download works for me but after 5 min it will freeze up and I have to close out and reopen. Wish there was a different way to load more than one on gardenweb.

Your roses are beautiful. Love the color of Sentimental.
    Andrea

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Belinda's Dream is gorgeous such a pretty color. I have also always loved Sentimental but after trying to grow it a few times and losing all of them I gave up.

Linda

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

These are all so pretty, Jean, and since I have Belinda's Dream, too, know all about those huge, gorgeous practically perfect blooms. Avedon

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

I think you and Kay are tempting me to get more roses. ;-). I really love that pink one.

Julia

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

ANDREA: Thank you.oh Yes,, having a problem with photobuckeet is a understatement.I have even went to their help site to find help with it,and cant get nothing there, either
    Linda:Thank you, Belinda's Dream is the most care free rose I know of.throw a little fertilizer around it a couple times a year and give it plenty water to drink and it sure does reward you with big gorgous blooms.Not a lot of fragrance, but a little.I love this rose..its a bloom machine, loves to bloom.
    Avedon: Thank you, isn't Belinda's Dream a wonderful rose..I have a baby one, too.

JULIA. I don't know if this pink rose will survive your winters there, but,I am betting that it will,and its a rose you really should try, if you like big pink nearly perfect blooms with not a lot of fragrance to me.I can do without fragrance to have a perfect bloom,myself.and its a huge bloom, too. you should really give it a try if you like pink roses.Myself..I love any color as long as its a rose.

Jean

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Beautiful roses.

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Belinda's Dream, I understand, is definitely not hardy in the North, but it is marvelous in the South. Does your 7 Sisters have different colored blooms; I thought it was multicolored.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Jean, Your Belinda's Dream is really gorgeous! I hope my baby will be that pretty one day. And Scentimental is another one I really love. (Shame on you, you know I have five roses in pots now! Where would I put another one?) Your roses are really beautiful.

On the photobucket, I think one of the things they said is that there are no commercials on the paid subscription...I don't have any ads. I can upload 25 or 30 without any trouble except it takes a while and I just open another Google window and do something else while they upload.

kay

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kay, Roses grow in pots too, if the pot is big enough and it gets enough water and some fertililzer.I have4 in big pots, course I have just lost a red knock out that was in a huge pot the nurseries grow their trees in.and I have 2 mini climbers in pots, too,Then I have Ebb Tide in a big pot and another one that I cant think of its name at this minute.The floriundas grow good in a big pot.
    MANTISRITA, thank you..

jean

• Nancy
    10 years ago

The roses are all wonderful, but I really love Belinda's Dream.
    I'm having problems with Photobucket too. I can get 1 photo to download pretty easily, the 2nd takes longer, but the 3rd may take 45 minutes. I've tried pulling them directly from my files to here, but maybe my photos are too big. Maybe that is my problem with Photobucket too, but I had no problem last year. I've changed the settings on my camera but haven't had a chance to see if that makes a difference. I'm not very tech savvy I know :) Thought I could change the size before I put them on my computer, but I'm not seeing where.