Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Some Tuesday Trimmers and more

shive
11 years ago

JEANNE DEAVER'S DREAM, one of my new Trimmers, had its ffo today. It was one of the few daylilies that opened well after a cool night.

ETHEL BUCCOLA, a Trimmer I got last fall from Maryott, had good color but poor sepals on its second bloom.

Iris YAQUINA BLUE, my only German iris, put on a nice show from late April through this past weekend.

PATRICIA SNIDER MEMORIAL again

Cowgirl waiting for me to open packages of daylilies so she can sniff them.

Zuzu nuzzling with Momma Tuxie

That's all for now!

Debra

Comments (14)

• Nancy Barginear
    11 years ago

I love that splendid color on JEANNE DEAVER'S DREAM!

Nancy

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    11 years ago

Wow, look at that color on JDD. And of course love the cats. Doesn't it really touch your heart when one cat grooms another?.......Maryl

• Nancy
    11 years ago

JEANNE DEAVER'S DREAM is beautiful, just wonderful color. Starting out good too for first flower on a chilly morning. Love the cats! Have they all come around & tame now? Seems like one, maybe the black one, was still a big skittish last year.

• anniegolden
    11 years ago

My favorite is Patricia Snyder Memorial. And what a beautiful color on the iris.

• booberry85
    11 years ago

Love the intense colors of the daylilies & the iris! I love the kitty cats curious about what's to come too. I have two garden "helpers" myself. They're shih tzus or as I sometimes refer to them, "cats without the dignity." LOL!

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    11 years ago

So pretty! Ethel Buccola is my favorite. She has a very unusual color. And I love your babies too. :)

• marricgardens
    11 years ago

JEANNE DEAVER'S DREAM daylily is my favorite. I still really like Patricia Snider Memorial. Even if it does have a low bud count, being so pretty I would keep it in my garden. Iris YAQUINA BLUE is such an intense shade of blue. The cats are so pretty. Marg

• celeste/NH
    11 years ago

Debra, I love all your photos, from the beautiful daylilies to the gorgeous iris, and especially the cats.
    What lovely color on all those flowers, each & every one.
    Cowgirl has the sweetest face! Is she the one that is the indoor cat? And you gotta love that last picture of those two darlings. That is so precious.

Celeste

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Jeanne Deavers Dream is a beauty! The cats are adorable. The season is ON!
    kay

• sann777
    11 years ago

Wow, they are all so pretty! I love the color on Ethel Buccola. And the first one is a gorgeous daylily. I may have to look at more Trimmers. Love the kitties. Sarah

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Wow, the cats look great. Cowgirl sure did turn out to be a beauty. Love your iris, so pretty. I could never have just one!

It is so nice to see that your daylilies have started. Your pictures are always a highlight for me!

• shive
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Nancy - Few people would consider Sammie (our black cat) or Columbus (the female striper) tame. Columbus doesn't want to be touched at all. Sammie will tolerate getting petted with one finger. They both love to be talked to, and will follow us around. But they live in fear of being picked up, and are very wary. The other three are 100 percent tame and crave human contact.

Celeste - Yes, Cowgirl is our indoor baby. Zuzu is such a love bunny, we would like for him to live inside. Unfortunately he doesn't find those living arrangements to his liking.

Rita - I found the irises multiplied too quickly and took up too much of my prime daylily real estate. So I'm able to control myself with them. I used to grow the white Immortality, but lost it when I transplanted. I would like to get that one again because it reliably rebloomed every fall.

Booberry - Having garden pets makes the experience a lot more fun. I'd love to see a photo of your shih tzus.

Debra

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

I love that first one,its gorgeous.but my fVORITES ARE THE KITTIES....I sure miss my ms BLACKIE.

Jean

• houstmag
    11 years ago

I love the color of your iris and the DL's are looking pretty spiffy to, I especially like the first one. Cowgirl, Zuzu and Tuxie are the real stars of the show though and are my number one pick. Tuxie looks a lot like my cat Jennifer.
    Linda