Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A couple More Are blooming

Posted by organic_kitten 7 (My Page) on
Sun, May 19, 13 at 23:40

Rowdy Red is blooming now:

photo f197c72c-8349-4cc8-b988-8b79fe45f188_zpsb6a192a8.jpg

And Patricia Snider Memorial opened her first bloom too. I'm a bit worried about this one.

photo b3b801bd-1f61-4fe0-afa4-3e1fae8837f3_zps9e78a08c.jpg

Noticed my new (Thanks Ruth) Wild cherry wine has a bloom spike!

And you know I have to show you New Dawn...one of the first roses I got, and almost four years ago she went into the ground. She is huge...have to get on a ladder to dead head her...and wear a suit of armor while I'm at it. In addition, Mama Mockingbird has nested there the last three years and isn't fond of company.

cropped photo 606d039b-5b1f-49aa-abe8-b9abd83380b3_zpsfa9436ac.jpg

And you you have to see the little anole that is occasionally likes to puff out his neck and show me how big and brave he is:

photo 10507121-43d6-4416-a809-ba97088a59d0_zps56443b66.jpg
kay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A couple More Are blooming

OH KAY< I love that Rowdy Red. very pretty.ut,I do like the reds and purples a lot. your NEW DAWN is gorgeous. I planted 2 that was suppose to be NEW Dawn but, wasn't neither one a new dawn.NEW DAWN is a repeat bloomer and the ones I had only bloomed once a year,and I dug them things out and gave them away.The second one got cu up in pieces and throwed in garbage bags and big boxes and to the dump it went. Never tried the 3rd time.Two years in the ground for them and you have to have a good sharp ax to get them out.
I have them Lizards here every where, too.

jean

o

Rowdy Red certainly lets you know it's there, great color. Patricia Snyder Memorial is such a pretty daylily, too bad it is not performing well. New Dawn is definitely doing its thing, which is to just about take over everything when it is happy. Not to mention the mockingbird hazard, they are definitely a threat, we've been chased by them before!! Avedon

o

Rowdy Red is looking really good. I've always liked the look of Patricia. Boy, oh boy, though, New Dawn is the real showstopper! I like the anole too.

o

ROWDY RED caught my eye. Very nice pic of it. Never saw an anole up close.
Why are you concerned with PATRICIA SNIDER MEMORIAL?

Julia

o

I keep watching to see if Patricia Snider Memorial performs well in mild-winter zones. Anybody know? Love her looks.

o

Your 'New Dawn' is spectacular!!! I'm amazed at how big she gets in warmer climates. I have her, but with my short growing season and cold winters she gets cut back to almost the ground each spring and will NEVER look like that. And I love that 'Rowdy Red'....such a great color.

Celeste

o

Rowdy Red is sure looking fine and I can only say WOW!! on your New Dawn rose it is stunning.
Linda

o

Thank you for looking and commenting.

Jean, New Dawn re-blooms, but never like the spring flush.
Yes, Avedon, Mockers are serious about protecting "their" property.
Thanks Nancy. I like to see the anoles patrol the flowers.
Julia, I have many of the anole's and lots of opps to see them, but the red pouch on the neck is much rarer to see. PSM had more than a couple yellow leaves and I pulled one with the nasty odor at the base. don't want to lose it.
Irisgal, she was born in Texas, so it's a pretty good bet.
Celeste, she is a monster, but I love that spring flush.
Thanks, Linda.

kay

o

Kay that New Dawn Rose you have is ultra umpressive. No wonder the mockingbirds nest there. And the anole is cute. Great bug zapper. Rowdy Red is a gorgeous daylily.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here