Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
darobi2459

Garden pics :)

darobi2459
10 years ago

some pics this morning while I wait patiently for DL to bloom!

Blaze rose

New DL bed wrapped with Gerbera daiseys

4th of july rose

4th of july's cousin? cant remember the name Anyone know?

side walk plantings....salvia, catmint, and of course DL's

Spider wart, heuchura "silver scrolls",

ahhh getting impatient for the DL's!! Thanks!

Comments (9)

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Lovely roses! Sweet Kate spiderwort is my favorite spiderwort, looks good with so many plants.

• shive
    10 years ago

The roses are gorgeous, and I really like the Silver Scrolls heuchera with the Sweet Kate spiderwort! I also like the shape of your new daylily bed. It will be really nice when it fills in! In the meantime you have those pretty daisies to pump some color into it.

Debra

• mizellie
    10 years ago

Everything looks great. Heuchera and Spiderwort looks great together. Love the roses and blaze is blazing!! Waiting for daylily blooms,huh. Me too! I have a few but not that many!
    Ellie

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Very pretty. I always like Gerbera daisys,
    kay

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Nice roses, nice garden.

• deangreen
    10 years ago

great photos, I started thinking of hansel and gretal from the July 4 cousin photo. what a great background prepared for the daylilies.:)

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Love your Fourth of July rose I'm a lover of those striped roses.
    Linda

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

is the cousin rose purple splash?You rose is very pretty,I use to be able to tell you the name of any rose I seen, but, not no more., I love the 4th of July rose.I have 2 right now. use to have 4 of them, but, some thing ate the roots off and it died,

jean

• darobi2459
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone! I have a red spiderwort in the back yard too ) They look great for a while than they need good cut back. I thought they looked really good next to the heuchura too! across from that not in the pic is wine and roses weigelia mixed in with variegated lirotope. I wanted yellows mixed in with darks :)

I realy want purple splash Jean! That one in the pic looks like 4th of july, but its not. has more egg shell white in it and doesnt smell as good. Both bloom all summer here though!

On the daylily bed....Truth is my wife flipped out after she saw that, "you put it in the middle of the yard! lol" I simply said, just wait dear...and filled in with her favorite, the daiseys :)

I forgot to post this pic..It is a big rose that has been here since we moved in 8 years ago..looked horrible past few years, and I cut it back to a foot off the ground last spring. This year is WOW! and its in mostly shade too!

Thanks for the complements everyone!