Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Some Monday ffos

shive
10 years ago

ETHEL BUCCOLA had a perfect early opening.

Comments (18)

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Actually the ffo was with twins. You can see how weedy my garden after so much rain and few opportunities to weed and mulch.

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Lovely photos Debra. ETHEL BUCCOLA really shines with that eyezone. PATRICIA SNIDER MEMORIAL is really putting out the buds for you.

Weeds?????? I don't see that much. Come see my garden. I'm still doing initial cleanup and already the beds that were cleaned are showing weeds again. :-(.

Julia

• ruthz
    10 years ago

Ethel Buccola is such a beautiful flower.

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

I love Patricia Snyder Memorial.

• mizellie
    10 years ago

i love them both!! EB looks fantastic! I am a bit surprised that you have more blooms than I , since you are farther north. Oh well, maybe I'll have blooms when yours are gone...LOL!! Ellie

• jkayd_il5
    10 years ago

Glad your daylilies have started. I enjoy your pictures. In fact I got Patricia Snider Memorial last year because of your pictures. She has scapes. I can't wait.

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Finally some pictures from Debra! Both look beautiful, but you know I'm partial to PSM. Those skinny buds always make me underestimate how many blooms there will be, but it looks like you have plenty.

No scapes here yet . . .

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

What wonderful perfect first blooms on Ethel Buccola. Patricia Snider Memorial is loverly, as usual. Avedon

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Lovely FFOs! I like when the first flowers have good opening.
    Weeds :( I can't compete with them. Just too many after recent rains here

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Excellent first blooms! Patricia snider is a total favorite, and Ethel Buccola is a real beauty. Weeds are just a fact of life, but I don't see them.
    kay

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Patricia Snider seems to have much better bud count for you this year. Ethel Buccola is a marvelous performer here too.

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Julia and Nat - It sounds like you are having the same problem I am with weeds. I had my seedling bed weeded two weeks ago, but didn't get it mulched. Now it's covered with weeds again.

Ellie - It is unusual for me to have blooms before you. But I bet you will have a bunch start blooming soon.

Mantis - This is the best bud count I've ever had on Patricia Snider Mem. I remember your beautiful clumps of Ethel Buccola from past years. Mine still isn't performing up to potential in the bud department. But the blooms are wonderful, and I'm hoping it will rebloom as well as last year.

Debra

• User
    10 years ago

Patricia Snider Memorial is so beautiful. I got this last fall and I can't wait to see it bloom. For now I will enjoy your pictures.

• sann777
    10 years ago

I like both of those. It would be hard to choose a favorite. Sarah

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It looks like several of us have Patricia Snider Memorial now. I look forward to seeing how she looks in other climates and regions!

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

Although not my favorite form, PSN is a real eyecatcher. Very tempting to break away from my usuals.....Maryl

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Ethel Buccola is stunning and Patricia Snyder Memorial is one of my favorites also. It does well for me here in FL and has a matter of fact is sending up rebloom scapes now for me.
    Linda