Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Eyes on an Uninhibited Beauty

Posted by shive 6b TN (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 6, 12 at 9:15

Good morning, all! It's chilly here this morning so it didn't take long to take pictures. Only 6 out of 600 were open well enough to photograph. But they were very nice ones!

My bff RUBY LIPSTICK was lookin' grand!

BLAZING SADDLES had a gigantic flat in-your-face bloom.

APPLIQUE with a nice bouquet

CLASSIC EDGE from yesterday

CERISE BEAUTY and Sunny Border Blue veronica from yesterday

UNINHIBITED

I may add some more later - after they're more awake.

Debra

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Eyes on an Uninhibited Beauty

They are all beauties. I love Uninhibited the best. Cerise Beauty is my favorite shade of red and looks great with the Veronica. Goodnes, Debra, I knew you had a lot, but 600! So in addition to being a good gardener and photographer, you must also have good record-keeping skills. Ha. Not me. Although my NOID list IS shrinking a little.

Christine

o

Now how in the worls can anyone choose one with so much beauty? Ruby Lipstick...gorgeous color and photo, by the way, Blazing Saddles...and I love purple and eyes and huge blooms, Applique...a clump to die for, and speaking of clumps, Classic Edge is looking lovely, and that lovely shot of Cerise Beauty with the Veronica. Such lovely colors and beautifully composed. Even Uninhibited, and I don't usually care as much for doubles is quite lovely. I ccan't choose just one of these, Debra. You've outdone yourself.

kay

o

Beautiful, Debra, just beautiful, beautiful. Honestly each one of them is my favorite. But for a very extra favorite I choose RUBY LIPSTICK!!!!!

You know your pictures of Ruby Lipstick were the reason I ended up buying my own.

o
RE: replies

Christine - Six hundred have flowers that should have been open this a.m. I probably have around 100 more than that. I just stopped counting a few years ago at 600.

Kay - Glad you liked all of these.

Rita - I figured you would pick Ruby Lipstick since you like it so well.

Here are a few more from later in the morning.
LINDA BECK with a much larger bloom than I've seen so far

STARBASE ALPHA not pinching in the throat. If it takes two days for one bloom to open there should at least be pinching in the throat, especially since that's why I bought it.

SPARTACUS ADORNED never disappoints - an excellent plant every year!

BETTIE LOUISE PRINCE

JOHN DOUGLAS SULLIVAN

Seedling Redefined Design X Blue Eyed Bandit

Debra

o

These photos are scrumptious! Every single one of these pictures could be a postcard. The cool temps must be really bringing out the intense colors. A big 'WOW' to each and every one of these. I started typing up my favorites and then realized I had listed them ALL so I erased the long list...LOL. Each one is so perfect so really they are all tied for first.

Celeste

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 6, 12 at 14:38

You have some nice cluster shots. Applique and John D Sullivan are very pretty, with the 1st place nod going to the beautiful pattern and colors on Applique. Your shot of Linda Beck makes me anxious to see mine when it finally blooms. Good job with the pictures...Maryl

o

I love Blazing Saddles and Uninhibited! Such awesome blooms! They are all great. It must be so much fun picking from 600+ blooms to photograph! Wow...

Sheila

o

WOW!!!What beaauties you hsve today. very hard to pick out favorites., but, I love CERISE BEAUTY,N, LINDA BECK, and SPARTACUS ADORNED is gorgeous..That double is very pretty, too.

jean

o
RE: Linda Beck

Celeste and Jean - Thanks so much for your sweet comments!

Maryl - Linda Beck is a new one here, and it just keeps getting better and better with each bloom.

Debra

o

I was having a hard enough time picking from the first group and then I see another gorgeous group. I'm picking Blazing Saddles from the first group and Linda Beck and Betty Louise Prince from the second.
Val

o

Very nice, as always. My favorites are Ruby Lipstick (hope mine blooms this year), Cerise Beauty and that beautiful flat bloom from Bettie Louise Prince.

I've never noticed the streaking on the sepals of Ruby Lipstick. Is this a regular thing?

o

Seedling Redefined Design X Blue Eyed Bandit looks stunning Debra. Another great seedling, congrats.

All the pics are very pretty. I wonder if pinching in the throat is a result of very warm temps versus cooler temperatures.

Julia

o

You sure have a lot of beauties no favorites for today to many beauties to choose from.
Linda

o

Chris - Let's not call those "feathered markings" on Ruby Lipstick's sepals "streaks" - that makes it sound flawed;)
Yes, the markings are always there. But many times the petals on this flower are so large they are covered.

Julia - I wondered about whether the throat pinching was weather related too. But Stealth Bomber and Henry Lorraine's petals have been pinched throughout this cool spell. Integrated Logistics, Starbase Alpha and Boiled Shrimp have not.

Debra

o

Loving Spartacus Adorned and your Seedling Redefined Design X Blue Eyed Bandit.

I've not seen Bettie Louise Prince before...her white edge really sets her off <3 Lovely!

Cheers!
~Anika

Here is a link that might be useful: GothicLibrarian.net

o

Debra: Well that blows that theory out the window. None of mine from Curt have started yet and it will probably be at least several more weeks before I see anything open of his registrations. I know STEALTH BOMBER has scapes up from my quick walk around yesterday. I didn't notice any yet on BLACK FALCON RITUAL. I'm hoping for better results on SB this year.
I'd like to dab some pollen of Judy Davisson registrations on his and see what develops ;-).

Julia

o

All beautiful as always! And your photography is great. I'd pick all of them, but 3 stand out the most. Cerise Beauty with Veronica, the last seedling has looovely colors, and Linda Beck, gorgeous!
How early do you go out to take pictures? And if it wasn't so chilly, would they all be open by that time?

o

Uninhibited and Sparatus Adorned certainly are pretty. I don't think I've ever seen either one. I can't even imagine having 600+ plants of any kind. So jealous of your space! :D

o

Anika - Bettie Louise Prince is a very large pink of 7 inches or more. The white edge is more noticeable in cool weather.

Julia - Crossing Davisson's with Curt's plants is a great idea. Judy has used one of Curt's seedlings to produces several of her registrations.

Nat - I go out to photograph between 6:45 and 7:45. The nocturnal and early morning openers are usually open then, except when it's cool. I have a small percentage that are not EMO's. They normally open between 9:30 and 10:30. Those that are not EMO's don't get their photos taken unless they are really spectacular that day.

Brittie - Imagine weeding and watering garden space and pots for 600+ plants. Nobody in their right mind should have that many. I should have stopped at 200, but I am a hopeless addict.

Debra

o

Blazing Saddles has my vote. I really love your seedling,
Redefined Design X Blue Eyed Bandit. It seems to always perk me up...Ellie

o

blazing saddles looks really great!

o

Beautiful daylilies - such vivid colors! RUBY LIPSTICK looks perfectly named.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here