Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

A few blooms for Friday

shive
10 years ago

FFO on my near white early seedling, Dust Be Diamonds X Tuxedo Junction - Scapes are taller this season with 16-17 buds per scape. I think it would do even better in another location. It's smothered by other seedlings in the seedling bed.

Comments (17)

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

GILDED BY GRACE had three perfect blooms today, but they were too far apart to get in one shot.

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

HELIX ffo

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

BILL NORRIS trio (I was too lazy to use Photobucket this morning.

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

GILDED BY GRACE is such a STUNNER!

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

I love that picture of Bill Norris.....that bright gold is cheery on this rainy day! I love GBG. It aways puts out perfect flowers for me too. Nice photo of Helix.

Celeste

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Rita and Celeste - GBG does seem to have perfect blooms every morning. I hope it will rebloom with taller scapes this year. Many of my evergreens and semievergreens have short scapes than usual.

Debra

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

I love your seedling, so please keep it and what? Move it so it has more room to grow? We notice that now we are spacing our DLS farther apart, they seem to do better, but maybe that's just wishful thinking on our part. All your daylilies today are outstanding. Avedon

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Avedon - Great minds think alike. I'm working on a new bed now where I can move selected seedlings for evaluation and lining out. Now if it would only stop raining, so I could finish it. This seedling is not as white as it looked last year. The cool weather and the fact I fertilized it may account for thecolor change. I think the hotter it gets, the whiter it will look. I was shocked to see how yellow the photo looked on my IPAD. It does not have yellow tones at all. It has pink undertones. The photo looks true to color on my Dell laptop.

Debra

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

That seedling is a beauty. In fact, all of them are lovely. I really like Bill Norris. Gilded by Grace is lovely too. Actually, I like your seedling the best of them.
    kay

• deangreen
    10 years ago

wow, Bill Norris very golden and showy! nice pics.

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Your seedling is very pretty, and Bill Norris is nice, too, but my favorite today is GILDED BY GRACE

jean

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jean - I know you love the round ones, so GBG would be your kind of daylily.

Dean and Celeste - I planted BILL NORRIS several years ago in a drought, and it's never really impressed me before. But the clump is so large and the scapes so tall this time, I think it will have plenty of stage presence next to my little red barn.

Kay - You are so sweet to pick the seedling as your favorite, and it's not even looking as white as last year. Dust Be Diamonds X Tuxedo Junction was a good cross for me. It gave me one extra early near white and one that keeps blooming very late in the season. The third near white sib blooms in the middle, but it has a much smaller bloom and doesn't want to multiply.

Debra

• mizellie
    10 years ago

I really like your white seedling. Gilded by Grace is always beautiful. So classy looking and my favorite...Ellie

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

I don't buy many yellows, but I always appreciate the ones with good form and vibrant color. Bill Norris is always reliable, and your photo is great.

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Gilded By Grace is such a pretty daylily and still my favorite.
    Linda

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

That colors on the edge of Gilded by Grace is something special. Makes me say, "How'd they do that?" Needless to say I'm not a hybridizer..... Your pale yellow/white seedling has nice form, an achievment in itself. I'd say you are on the right path............Maryl

• Cindy zone 6a
    10 years ago

I agree on Gilded by Grace. It has been on my 'list' for a long time. and now I remember why. That is a perfect bloom.

Cindy