Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2 Bud Queens for Wednesday

Posted by anniegolden z7a (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 27, 12 at 9:27

FYI, these are all repeats, so those of you who are interested in seeing new ones may wish to skip.

LADY LUCILLE, bud queen supreme at my house. I can't help gushing about this one. (I feel like the tiresome mother, constantly bragging about her two-year-old who already knows all the letters, and can count to 20, and is learning to play the violin.) She is a true late and unlike other lates was not confused by the weird weather. There have been only a couple of blooms so far, but look at the buds! The photo on the left is the scape with the highest bud count - 39! The photo of twins is a bloom from last week, as no buds are opening today.
39 buds!Lady Lucille, bud queen
Lady Lucille Twins

CIMARRON ROSE, 1st runner up. FFO was June 6 and it has been non-stop since then and no sign of letting up. The (rather terrible) photo on the left was taken this morning, the other 2 photo were taken on Monday. This is a large flower - 6+ inches.
Cimarron RoseCimarron Rose Clump 6-25
Cimarron Rose Corsage

MANDARIN'S CLOAK (new last year) looking good today. Goodness, I didn't realize until I did 'preview message' how similar the coloration is between CIMARRON ROSE and MANDARIN's CLOAK.
Mandarin's CloakMandarin's Cloak Triplets

CHANG DYNASTY This one in turning into a favorite. Very large and rubbery and every bloom opens perfectly.
Chang Dynasty

Thanks for looking.
Christine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2 Bud Queens for Wednesday

WOW!!! what a bloom machine Lady Lucille is, I also really like Chang Dynasty.
Linda

o

That's fabulous bud count and branching on Lady Lucille, especially in a year like this! Is she also a heat buster? Your clump of Cimarron Rose looks gargantuan. How long have you had that one? If you still have that many buds left on it, Cimmaron Rose must be a winner. Change Dynasty is a beauty!

Debra

o

Debra, yes LL is a heat buster, although she is on the east side of a picket fence and gets filtered relief from the sun during the hottest part of the day. CR is gargantuan and was planted as a double fan in spring 2010. The rebloom on CR just extended non-stop from the original bloom. Somehow I think CR just really liked the strange weather this year. As for Change Dynasty, this is the hands down best in my garden of all the Stamile's.
Christine

o

Wow -- I think I WANT Lady Lucille! Thanks for posting.

o

Fabulous bloomers. And beautiful to boot. Lovely pictures too.
kay

o

Every nice an an interesting way to present the pictures with great information. I pick LADY LUCILLE. Can't beat all those scapes and buds ha-ha. I love great doers.

o

Lots of pretties here. I really like CD too! Oh, to have a bud count like you have on the top one.

o

I always enjoy seeing lots of scapes and buds.

Julia

o

WOW/LADY LUCILLE really has the buds and a beauty, too. looks like it will be blooming for a long time. CIMARRON ROSE is a beauty, too. and MANDARRIN'S CLOAK is very pretty.cant pick a favorite, as I like them all, verry pretty.

jean

o

Wow, 39 buds, that's awesome. And she's late too. I like all of them, and especially Cimarron Rose, looks like it really likes your garden!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here