Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anniegolden_gw

2 Bud Queens for Wednesday

anniegolden
11 years ago

FYI, these are all repeats, so those of you who are interested in seeing new ones may wish to skip.

LADY LUCILLE, bud queen supreme at my house. I can't help gushing about this one. (I feel like the tiresome mother, constantly bragging about her two-year-old who already knows all the letters, and can count to 20, and is learning to play the violin.) She is a true late and unlike other lates was not confused by the weird weather. There have been only a couple of blooms so far, but look at the buds! The photo on the left is the scape with the highest bud count - 39! The photo of twins is a bloom from last week, as no buds are opening today.

CIMARRON ROSE, 1st runner up. FFO was June 6 and it has been non-stop since then and no sign of letting up. The (rather terrible) photo on the left was taken this morning, the other 2 photo were taken on Monday. This is a large flower - 6+ inches.

MANDARIN'S CLOAK (new last year) looking good today. Goodness, I didn't realize until I did 'preview message' how similar the coloration is between CIMARRON ROSE and MANDARIN's CLOAK.

CHANG DYNASTY This one in turning into a favorite. Very large and rubbery and every bloom opens perfectly.

Thanks for looking.

Christine

Comments (10)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler